Thursday, August 26, 2010

Blog Hoppin' and Updatin'

So as I said in my last blog, I am looking at other people's dieting/weight loss blogs, and am wishing I'd done this a LONG time ago.. these are super creative and super encouraging (I like the word super.. can ya tell?!)..  Found a few blogs that have challenges on them.. and they are motivating me to step out of my comfort zone..

and

I recently realized that my body can go longer than my brain can stand to run.. The other day, Tuesday, I went to the gym and had every intention to run/walk for 45 minutes.. and I ran for 12.5 minutes.. in 2 intervals, but I was happy with that.. until I realized that I couldn't ponder running/walking anymore.. with my (doctor diagnosed) ADHD, I find that I can't just run on a treadmill listening to music and looking at a stationary object.. and yeah, there's a TV above me, but I'm afraid to look up too long because it makes me off balance (yeah, yeah.. laugh it up, I do)..

So I've decided that I'm going to do some of these challenges.. The challenge from Half of Jess's blog is Drop Dead Gorgeous by December, and it sounds Freakin Fabulous!!  I haven't been slim for a Christmas in YEARS!!!  And I have all sorts of clothes that will look so cute.. on my slimmer body!  lol.. I'm thinkin I'm gonna do weight-loss for this challenge, as I'm afraid of doing exercise goals because of my attention span issues.. so my goal is to lose 35 lbs.. That'll put me just under 200 lbs.. :)  

The other challenge I'm going to do, along with the challenge from Half of Jess's blog, is the 30 Day Shred.. Syl is doing this DVD, which is done by Jillian Michaels, and is bringing people along with her on this journey.. and I'm dumb enough to voluntarily commit myself to this journey too.. So on Friday, I will be posting some interesting things.. a picture of myself, my measurements (GASP!!), my weigh-in for the week.. and posting the blog entry where you can see my entry for the Drop Dead Gorgeous pic and details for that.. Fun fun fun!!  Now to go see how much this DVD is gonna cost me.. lol

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are getting in on the challenges! I got the Jillian Michaels DVD at the State St. Target for less then $10. They onlly had one copy, but try the one in clarksville!

    ReplyDelete