Tuesday, August 31, 2010

OH MY GOSH!!!!

Can ya tell I had a good day?!  lol.. I honestly, really truly, had an AWESOME day, actually!  I don't even know where to start, but I figure the beginning of the day is prolly the best.. ;)

So I woke up today thinking that tomorrow started the 30 Day Shred on Syl's blog.. and I honestly am still kinda scared out of my mind about it.. but I made my mind up that I was gonna do it, and I'm sticking to it, dag nab it!!  So I went to work, all normal and stuff, and eventually went home (after some detours to the craft store and Petsmart to see the kitties I can't take home with me).. And found myself TRYING to talk myself into ditching my workout.. the key word there is trying.. I wasn't successful!  YAY!!

Was feeling quite tired (woke up really early, after going to bed late), so I let myself take an hour nap.. and couldn't sleep.. so I just lay there for a while, and then got dressed for the gym and left before I could say something to stay at home.. lol.. I belong to my local YMCA, and for those who have NO IDEA where my town is, or what it's called for that matter, the fact that we even HAVE a YMCA is a miracle..  We have that and a Wal-Mart (which we say that's why we are considered a city instead of a town.. hehe)..

From past posts, you know that I LOVE Zumba classes.. and while I don't go as often as I'd like to, I go as much as I can but they only have classes at night on Mondays and Wednesdays.. :(     So today, Tuesday, they had a class called TurboKick.. and that last part is right, as in it KICKS YOUR BOOTY!!  I had to use my inhaler towards the end, which is saying a lot.. I'm feelin kinda wore out, but I know I'll keep doing it.. :)

Oh, and I found an iPod Podcast for a Couch to 5k program called 5k 101.. I have to use podcasts because I have an iPod Classic.. which is NOT an iPod that has App capabilities.. :(   So I did that after sweating my butt off during TurboKick.. I had to use my inhaler again, but I made it through.. and then high tailed my butt out before I passed out.. that's another blog all together.. lol

My OMG moment happened when I got home.. I've gotten kinda compulsive about weighing myself, which I've got to stop, and weighed myself after I got home.. I'VE REACHED THE 20 LB MARK!!  One day after my girl Katie got to her 20 lb mark, I reached mine!!  I'm exstatic.. nothing can burst this bubble.. or so I thought.. My sorority sisters father just passed away from cancer.. so I am sad for her.. but there's still that lingering happiness in the back of my mind that is making me wanna do a little dance..

So I'm gonna dance a little and try not to cry for my sorority sister.. 


7 comments:

  1. Ok.... this is weird. I'm starting to think we also go to the same Y. If you don't want to say where it is on here, it's ok, but does the entrance happen to be right before a lumber place?!?!

    Anyway... CONGRATS ON THE 20 LBS!!! That is a huge milestone. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! You go to the Scottsburg YMCA too?! We are so going to have to meet sometime soon and workout together or something..

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh whoops!! Nope, I'm going to the one in Corydon. It just sounded really similar. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corydon?!? That's close to me! I'm in NA =) Sarah, CONGRATS ON THE 20 POUNDS! We are tooling along together!!! I'm thinking I might do the walk at Lanesville Heratige instead of the run. More miles and I'm gettin nervous because It's hilly. Blu, you should do it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually live near Floyd Central right now, but my friend who lives in Corydon won me a free Y pass, so I'm using that Y. Aaaand. You know what?! That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm in!!! :-D It would have to be the run for me tho... I'm not quite at 8 miles yet ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. crap, I mean walk. It would have to be the WALK bc I can't run 8 miles yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great to me! We can all do the walk together.. that was my plan anyways, since it's my second 5k.. can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete