Monday, August 30, 2010

Bright Idea..

I realized today that I wasn't taking this impending mini-marathon thing seriously.. I was not thinking of it as "It's coming up sooner than you think", I was thinking "It's in April.. That's a long time from now".. This is NOT a healthy way of thinking about something that I could seriously hurt myself at..

So I decided to blog my question to my wonderful (if few in numbers) followers, and after looking at a website suggested by Blubeari, I found that there are lots of smaller run/walks that I can do in preparation to the April mini-marathon.. and because I am an out-of-sight, out-of-mind kind of person, I decided to make something to put this in my face EVERYDAY!

Little background: I recently re-did my bedroom.. it had this gross wallpaper on it that had been on the walls for at least a decade.. lol.. so blah, blah, blah, and my walls are now a cute pink, and I have a good room to relax in.. and a big hole on my wall where there is NOTHING, and it looks weird.. So I decided to make something for the "hole" in regards to my future acheivements..



I had this purple piece of cardstock in my craft room.. decided to make it into something worthwhile.. something that will help me NOW, instead of in the future..








Welcome to my racing platform!!  Here is where I will post my mileage/time ran.. what races I will be participating in.. and the registration forms at the bottom that I still need to fill out..

I also plan to put up my pic that I take for each week of the Drop Dead Gorgeous by December Challenge..

I am making sure that I take this stuff seriously from now on.. because I don't want to be at the start line in April wondering "Why didn't I try harder to train for this?"






3 comments:

  1. I love it!! And may be copying it. But only after I move into a new apartment. I'm currently mooching the parents. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i am living with my parents too.. I just finally told them that if I was paying rent, I get to do whatever I want to my room.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about a positive attitude. You have an "I will attitude," rather than an "I'll try." Good for you.

    ReplyDelete