Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cake is the devil..

Alrighty, so I had a good day at work.. it's my long day (long being 7 hours) and I LOVE this client and her family (I also love my other client and his family too, don't get me wrong).. My client's daughter, who is REALLY cool for being almost 50 years old, makes eggs and bacon on Saturdays.. and I love this!  And they usually have the carb-friendly Healthy Life bread, so I can eat that too.. but not today.. today they have this 45 calorie crap and it has 14 CARBS for 2 pcs.. I want my 5 carb bread back!!!  And of course, I don't look at the package until AFTER I ate the bread.. ugh!

Today was a busy day, as I took my client to the Art in Speed Park thing today.. got some walking in before I started to feel bad for pushing her on uneven ground in her wheelchair.. the weather wasn't too bad when we went.. I wasn't dripping with sweat from the heat, which I was ECSTATIC about.. long story, but the short-one-word explanation is Paxil..

Work day ended just as great as it began.. and I headed to the baby shower being held for my "little sister" from my sorority.. I'm so happy for her and her hubby.. can't wait to see the cutie.. but I walked in 30ish minutes late and am shocked that everyone is still just milling around.. I figured I'd have missed SOMETHING by then.. but as I walked into the party, I noticed the food and drink tables.. There was absolutely nothing on them that I could have.. not cool..

What happened to having meat trays and fruit trays?  Most baby showers I've been to have these, at LEAST!  But I didn't say anything, of course (I'm not a monster, even if it sounds like I have one in my stomach).. Point of the story is coming up, I promise..

So time came for the cake.. and I kept telling myself, "It's not worth it" over and over again.. Because it's not.. Cake and me, we don't have a love/hate relationship.. we have a plain ole HATE/HATE relationship.. my body doesn't react well to it (you can imagine what I mean, I ain't gonna spell it out), and my teeth hurt too.. So I made it through a whole baby shower without going sugar crazy and binging on crap that would only hurt my goals in the end..

I love you, my little sista!  And I had fun, no matter how hungry I might have been.. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment