Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dining Out..

Okay, so I know that as a society we LOVE to multi-task.. anything we can do at the same time as something else, I know I'm so going to do it.. lol.. and fast food is a big issue in society, and not just to our kids.. I LOVE me some McDonald's french fries and Arby's jamocha shakes.. and I for all those who are just tuning in, I've been on the Adkins Diet since July 23rd.. and it's been interesting to find foods on the run that I can eat on this diet.. 

So I decided to help out other people who are interested in what foods are worth going through the drive thru for..  Every week, on Sunday, I will be posting a new "fast food" item that SHOULD be carb-friendly.. I'm gonna call it "Out of the House Sundays" I will tell you all I wish I'd known before I bought it (if it was worth the money, waste of carbs/worth the carbs, etc).. I hope this helps at least ONE person.. :)  I'm going to do one for last Sunday, because I just ate a bite of the WORST thing ever.. lol

KFC'S DOUBLE DOWN SANDWICH

This is KFC's newest edition to their menu.. It basically is a chicken sandwich (classic or grilled style), but instead of a bun, it's got the chicken breasts on either side of the bacon, swiss cheese and, depending on the kind of chicken you get, a sauce.. 

Calories (for the grilled one I got): 460
Fat: 23 grams
Price: $4.99

I got the grilled chicken one, and didn't get the honey mustard sauce on it.. I was planning to use ranch dressing or mayo and dip it, but I forgot.. So I tried it as it came (minus the sauce, of course) and it was SO GROSS!!!  It is so not worth the $5.. you're better off getting a 2 pc meal from KFC instead..  It's good for carb-watchers because it only has 4 carbs, but doing this diet shouldn't mean I can't have good tasting food..

No comments:

Post a Comment