Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Playin the Avoidance Game..

Alrighty, fellow bloggers!  Time to fess up.. I have been avoiding doing this since I got home Sunday afternoon.. Just a quick recap of my weekend, so I can keep it to a 10 minute read (hopefully less.. lol).. Okay, so I hope everyone had a happy and SAFE Labor Day.. I had a safe Labor Day, but it wasn't too fun because I had to work.. :(

My job is fun, somewhat easy (at most times), and is so worth it.. But staying with a person that I don't normally hang around with for 48 hours is somewhat stressful.. It's kinda like playing house.. except with someone elses house.. lol.. Okay, basically, I did NOT get to work out (beyond the stuff I could do while standing there folding laundry or doing dishes).. did NOT eat right.. and left there feeling totally crappy because I knew I had to tell you all how badly I had fallen off the wagon.. and OH BOY DID I!

So I started my diet on Monday with a "clean slate" so to speak.. If I gain, it's my own fault.. However, it is my goal this week to maintain, if not do my darndest to lose those last 1.9 lbs to get to my 25 lb goal.. I need a new dress shirt!!  :)   Today, Tuesday, is my re-start day for the Shred Challenge and exercise in general.. I feel horrible about the fact that the first trial I had in this diet (the first serious one), I just gave up.. :(

My goal this week is to figure out a way to not go crazy when stress comes into my life and overwhelms me..  Any suggestions?  What do you all do to keep yourself "on track" when stress is around?

3 comments:

  1. I am really not great with stress. I tend to eat it!! :-( and I'm the worst when I get busy. I think the reason I've been so successful in the last couple of weeks is that I don't have a job yet. I'm almost afraid of what is going to happen when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find planning my meals a would at a time is very helpful. I write them down and post them on the fridge so whenever I go to reach for something that's not planned, it gives me a second to think about what I'm doing. Sometimes I stress eat anyway, but most times that one or two seconds is all I need to decided the guilt isn't worth it. And I go do something else to keep me busy: read the latest issue of my favorite magazine, do laundry (which I find relaxing), play with my dogs or just whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle just the same. You did not give up because you are back at it! We all hit bumps in the road.

    I love your incentives for your goals! I need to come up with something like that!

    ReplyDelete