Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Without Further Procrastination...

Okay, so I've already blogged today, but this blog in particular is about 5 days in the making.. and I'm SUPER sorry that I haven't had the time to sit and do the actual work that comes with accepting these precious awards that people give out.. So here I am.. making the time after my workout to give praise and thanks to the people that I enjoy reading/enjoy reading my blog..

So if you've just tuned in to my "gorgeous blog", as one blogger has commented (thank you very much, btw!), I received the Happy 101 award on the 2nd from Blubeari, one of my blogging buddies..  ain't it pretty?!


So here are the rules.. copy and pasted from Blubeari's blog.. ;)

1) Post who gave you the award.
         It's amazing how close you can be to a person (distance-wise) and not know it.. me and Blubeari, the blogger who gave me this award, live only an hour apart.. how weird is that?!  I've only recently started following her blog, but I love reading about her kick-butt cardio workouts that I honestly wish I had the stamina to even try, let alone finish.. :)

2) State ten things you like

  1. Zumba.. it's like going to the clubs to dance, without the cover charge, alcohol, and self-consciousness.. lol
  2. Laughter.. without it, I'd honestly go crazy.. I laugh as often as possible, and it's not a cute giggle either..
  3. My iPod.. again, without it, I'd honestly go crazy.. there are too many commercials on the radio.. grr!
  4. The elliptical machine.. It's like running without the impact.. kinda..
  5. Make it or Break it; Can anyone say 'guilty pleasure'?!!  (I agree with Blubeari on this one, so I'm leaving it.. lol)
  6. Tanning.. it's my only vice, and I LOVE IT!!  It makes me so much prettier.. lol
  7. Blogging.. I have attempted to blog in general before this.. and this is the only one that I actually keep up with.. thanks for the comments, support and love.. y'all are awesome!  :)
  8. Shopping.. I don't just like it.. I LOVE IT!!  It's the most fun I can think of, to do alone of course.. lol
  9. Card-making.. I like it so much I'm starting a small-business with my friend to sell our creations.. :)
  10. My family.. they are awesome and very encouraging..
3) Give this award to three other bloggers and notify them with a comment


The three bloggers I am passing this on to are:
         1.  Baby Weight and Beyond: This woman is around my age, and is amazing in the fact that she's a mom and still managing to blog, raise her baby, and exercise.. I'm encouraged that if someone as busy as she must be can do it, then by golly so can I!
         2.  Live, Smile, Run:  The lady blogging here, Syl, is inspiring.. She put up a challenge to her followers and SO MANY people have joined her.. and I am one of those people.. It's nice to be a part of something so small, yet so big.. Thanks, Syl!
         3. Half of Jess:  While this isn't a blogspot blog, it's still one that I read a lot.. and have gotten involved with her challenge.. I love reading about her travels, her weight loss journey and hearing about how life is on the East Coast (as I used to live in Virginia Beach, VA and miss it sometimes.. lol)




Okay, now to Katie's game.. looks kinda fun, and it lets you know a little bit more about me.. :)

#1. What is your favorite color?
          Oh, goodness.. my favorite color is a tie between pink and purple.. my room is done in both colors.. I love them so much.. lol
#2. What is your favorite thing about bloggin?
            Honestly, I love having comments to read.. I could just write in a paper journal, but then I'd never hear other people's perspectives or advice..
#3. What is the single best moment of your life thus far?
            Um.. hmm.. I'd say it was initiating into my sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma.. and while I'm very happy about this, I think this is sad because I haven't had many "memorable" moments.. YET!
#4. What would you buy first if you won a million dollars?
             I'd pay off my parents mortgage, and BULLDOZE THIS SUCKER!!  lol.. and rebuild of course..
#5. Where would you live if you could live anywhere?
             The more I think of it, I really like Indiana.. The worst thing we have to deal with here, besides the BLASTED allergies, is tornadoes.. no hurricanes, no typhoons, no major earthquakes (knock on wood)..
#6. What is your dream job?
              My dream job is to be a Certified Nurse Midwife.. before I'm old enough to retire.. lol
#7. Dogs or Cats?
            Definitely cats.. I have 9.. inside my house.. and no, my house doesn't smell at all.. hehe
#8. Do you like cheese? (just to be silly)
            haha.. I love you, Katie.. who doesn't like cheese?!  well, besides the seriously lactose-intolerant.. lol.. I'm on a big swiss cheese kick right now, weirdly enough.. american is just blah compared to swiss.. ;)

Okay, so I'm supposed to pass this on to other people.. and I choose.......
           1.  Christina @ From Fat 2 Fit
           2.  Cara @ Between the Before & After
           3.  Blubeari @ Shrinking Blubeari

I know this is a short list, but I actually have been slacking on following other people's blogs.. which I intend to rectify tomorrow.. :)

Now for my 8 questions for these 3 ladies.. hmmm......

1. If you had 3 wishes, what would one of them be?
2. What is your ultimate goal, at this point and time?
3. Do you know what your Pace time is?  If you do, what is it?
4. What's your favorite season and why?
5. If you could have any piece of workout equipment (free to you), what would you want?
6. Do you have a "bucket list"?  If you do, what's one of the things on it (if you don't mind sharing)?
7. If you had a free UNLIMITED shopping spree at any store, what store would you go to?
8. Who is your biggest support in your life?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Sarah! I've never gotten an award before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered what a zumba class was. They just opened one down the street. It sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for the award Sarah, that's so sweet of you

    ReplyDelete