Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'M BACK!!!

Okay, so I've been off in my own little world for the past two weeks.. my own little HORRIBLE world.. and to get it out of my system and out of my head, I'm gonna give myself a few paragraphs to explain to you lovely people..

My vehicle (which is, prolly like everyone else, my livelyhood) is a POS.. if you don't know what that is, you are too young to be on the internet by yourself.. lol.. it's old, holey (spelled correctly), and has been driven over 200,000 miles.. About 3 weeks ago, I got a flat tire.. see my last blog.. so I got my upper (and lower) ball joints replaced.. THEN my truck was CRUNCHING when I drove it.. not cool!  So after spending almost another week at the dealership (and in my friends driveway), they told me it'd be another $170 to fix that problem (oh, but they'd cover the labor since they missed the damn problem in the first place.. sorry for my cursing).. 

I am so thankful for my grandmothers, my parents and my friends who are wonderful in my time of stress.. My other grandma offered to buy me two new tires (to replace the flat one and the other one that was almost gonna blow too), but I would have to forfeit my birthday outing.. yes, I still hang out with my grandma.. this is one of those instances I hate being a "grown-up".. so she paid the $180 to get my two new tires.. If anything else happens to this truck, after the last $1000+, I'm gonna leave it on the side of the road and set it on fire.. lol

Okay, so I haven't been "good" on my diet for most of my stressful issues.. and I can definitely feel a difference.. I also am sick now.. thanks to the weather and the Ohio Valley, aka allergies.. So I am making a pact to my fellow bloggers and followers...

On Monday, September 27th, I am starting over... 

I plan to "restart" my diet.. I will post a weigh-in, I will take new pics, I will recommit myself to my diet, this blog, my exercising, the Shred Challenge (a few days early), and my plans for the future.. I've missed so much because I let myself hide out.. I overslept on the day of my intended first race.. the second one I was supposed to do, I was bailed on by my ride.. I won't let this happen anymore.. because like my Drop Dead Gorgeous by December sign says:

It's my life, and I'm worth it!!

So to any of the readers out there that find it hard to stay motivated, I am right there with you.. and you can get back to that motivation, you just have to find the right reason that works for you..  So I work all day Friday, all day Saturday, until Sunday.. and prolly won't get to get a good workout in, but I'm gonna do as much as I can.. So I'll be back on here on Sunday to post my pics and to blog some more, of course.. lol.. 


My question to the readers:  
I've been reading about a lot of bloggers that plan their meals for the week... What is the best way to plan meals?  Cook all at once and freeze?  Buy it all and cook each day?  Please help me out.. ANY information is wonderful!!  Thanks in advance.. :)


3 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!! :-D For my breakfasts and lunches, I buy it all and cook each day. I'm mooching my parents, so they kind of take care of dinner, which is a lifesaver honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sit down and plan out each week's meals and then go to the grocery on Sundays. Since most of our meals consist of fresh produce, it's much easier for me not to overbuy because then it just all goes bad! Now that winter is coming though (theoretically, since it's supposed to be in the 90s again today), I usually make big pots of stuff, portion it out and freeze. Then I thaw and reheat the portions as we need them. This works great for lunch/dinner stuff like chili, veggie lasagna, etc. AND we are not tempted to overeat because then we'd have to reheat another portion and by that time, we realize we aren't actually hungry anymore. It's a built in break for the brain to realize, "Hey. The stomach is full. STOP EATING!" :) I know how hard this is to do, so keep your chin up and remember that phrase you stole from me! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you were able to recognize that you fell off and are going to get back into it!! I am on a meal plan from beachbody.com and it tells me what to eat for every meal and the exact measurements. I usually go to the store sunday or monday to get the groceries for the whole week and then cook what I'm going to eat everyday.

    ReplyDelete