Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Changes, Changes, Everywhere..

I've decided (against my original better judgment) that I am going to go off the Adkins diet and try to do a "normal" diet of watching what foods I eat and keeping track of calories.. While I don't do well with the whole notebook thing, I'm going to try different methods of keeping track of calories (online, on paper, on my cell, etc)..

This change comes after realizing that there isn't much time between now and the holidays (and everything between now and the end of the year) and I've got to learn how to make it through these next 3 months without totally feeling like I missed out on all the food involved.. I mean there are SO many things going on in the next 3 months.. Halloween, my 27th birthday, Thanksgiving, my sister-in-law's baby shower, Christmas.. see what I mean?!  That's a lot of stuff to be happening, and I want to be able to enjoy it a little..

I can't eat much cake on a normal day, so that's definitely not gonna be a problem.. lol.. So I went to buy normal food (YAY!!!) at the store and was kind of overwhelmed by all the stuff I COULD eat, and bought some stuff that I knew was something I SHOULD eat.. and that's the key word there, isn't it.. Most of us eat whatever we COULD eat.. we shouldn't but we do.. Most of us that are getting healthy are eating what we SHOULD eat.. to help our body be the best it could be.. :)

So my dinner is a healthy version of what I really wanted to eat.. Chicken Corn Chowder.. I <3 this soup from Campbell's.. I got the Healthy Request version and you can't tell a difference, taste wise.. another thing that us dieters have to deal with... Things tasting like cardboard.. Why?!  

Off I go to eat my soup.. OH!  And it's time for another blog hop!  Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your journey. Just remember to take it one day at a time. Espeically during the coming months, and it sounds like you have a lot going on. You are looking great already, so congrats on what you have already accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the holidays.. I'm just trying to think about how normal people indulge. If I can just indulge like a normal person, and not a food junkie, I think I will be Ok. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you are fiquring out what works and what doesn't for you and making the changes, Good for you!

    ReplyDelete