Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fantastic Sunday..

Alriiiiiiiiighty then.. so if you have been reading for a bit, you'll remember me saying something about if I go to any fast food restaurant, I will get the kids meal.. well, I ended up going to McDonald's for my dad and was so hungry.. but I stuck to my promise (to you and myself) and got a cheeseburger happy meal.. 


Last time I got a happy meal, they came in the crappy bags.. I was excited to see that they were back to the boxes.. :)  And I couldn't wait to see how tiny the new fry holders were.. and was greatly disappointed.. my friend Cassie got one of the cute mini-fry boxes.. I got a crappy paper wrapper.. :(  But I had no idea they still gave you cookies!  lol.. so sad to get excited over a Happy Meal, right?!  

On to my reason for blogging today.. I went to the gym today (after a 2 day hiatus due to work) and ran another mile.. it was somewhat harder for some reason (maybe bc I wasn't talking to my friend Renee this time), but I beat my last time.. by 45 SECONDS!!  If ya look to the right of this post, you'll see a little section that I decided to put up dedicated to "beating" my mileage time.. I figured I'd try to get to a 10-minute mile before I up my mileage.. But I am super excited that I pushed myself to do better.. It is so worth it.. :)

Oh!  To anyone who has been counting the days (like I have.. lol), it is officially ONE WEEK til I turn 27 years old.. And I plan to make this week a life-altering one.. which will be the start of a life-changing year (it technically started when I started this diet, but I want it to officially start on my b-day).. so check back tomorrow afternoon to see pics of what my first "official" change turns out to be.. ;)

Later taters!  hehe

3 comments:

  1. I do the same thing with the kid's meals!! It is great- kind of reminds me of how exciting fast food used to be when I was a kid. :-)

    Also; those running times are blazin!! (lol at least that is how they would feel if I were running them ;-) I ran an average of 13:44 today on my 3 miler, and it felt like I was flying. Could have something to do with the fact that I was running an 18 minute mile for about two months, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you gotta start somewhere.. At least you have gotten faster.. I can't imagine running 3 miles consecutively.. whoo..

    But thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete