Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fitting into "something" again..

I was going through the blogs I follow, and Syl @ Live, Smile, Run made me think of something.. We all have that "thing" that we use as a goal point.. some people have exact weights to get to, some people have a size pant/shirt/bra that they want to fit into, and some people (like me) have a specific pant/shirt/bra they want to GET BACK INTO.. here is what I want to fit back into sometime soon..




These pants are what (in the back of my head) drive me to continue on this sometimes crazy journey.. The back story (what, I gotta explain, don't I?!  lol) is really short, but totally important in my memory.. In 2003, I did my first (and only) successful attempt at the Adkins diet.. I can tell you the month/year of this because my brother graduated from high school in late May 2003.. and boy did I look HOT!!  This was the time when I got down to my smallest (178 lbs.).. My brother then went into the Army Reserves and a few months later (October 2003) we went to Myrtle Beach to see him graduate from boot camp!  :)

I was so excited because I was actually able to go and see the beach again.. It was wonderful!  Plus, shopping on the Army base!  Anyone who is a Armed Forces girl/guy will know how awesome the shopping centers on bases are.. it's like discount shopping with designer labels.. haha.. so I got these jeans there for like $25.. And they fit, for like 2 more months.. and they haven't fit since..


I will fit into these jeans again.. and others like them of course.. So congrats, Syl, for fitting into your "something".. hopefully I will be joining you in putting up current pics of me in my old pants.. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! thanks for stopping by my blog and the "I understand" comment. Sometimes it feels like there is no one around that understands anymore! I haven't gotten bored with WW yet, I'm not sure if you follow any of Roni's blogs but she's great and I get recipes off her cooking blog all the time. http://greenlitebites.com/

    Love the F.A.B acronym. That's what I'm after too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going anywhwere...well except on holiday at which time I will not be blogging ;-), it's coming up soon but I have guest post lined up ;-).

    Fitting into your favorite jeans is such and amazing feeling!!! you'll be in those jeans in no time!!!

    ReplyDelete