Sunday, October 3, 2010

It's a Day of Change..

Okay, so I was supposed to walk in the National Kidney Foundation walk this afternoon... and I say supposed to because I chickened out.. I hate doing any activity alone.. I mean, I can see a movie by myself, but that's not happened in a while.. I HATE not knowing anyone in a situation, especially one with as many people that should have been at the walk..

I would have known plenty of people today, as my sorority sisters were walking this walk also (it's one of our foundations we donate to).. but the whole looking for them would have made me panic.. It's happened before.. But later today I realized how disappointed I was that 1) I couldn't see my sisters that I haven't seen in forever and 2) I couldn't walk in honor of my cousin, Jesycka Rhea Brown.. I hate that my social anxiety has affected me this much.. I take that back.. I hate that I've let it affect me this much..  So I'm taking a stand..

From now on, I am going to push myself out of my "comfort zone".. I'm going to go to things by myself.. If I happen to see people I know, that's great.. if not, it's gonna be okay.. I will survive doing something I WANT to do alone.. I can't remember how many events (concerts, parties, etc) that I've missed because I didn't have anyone to go with me.. IT STOPS NOW!!

I will not miss another opportunity because of this.. I won't.. I can't.. My life has become so boring because of my inability to do things alone..

2 comments:

  1. Knowing yourself, your strengths and weaknesses, is the right step forward to positive change. Proud of your determination to keep going forward.

    ReplyDelete