Monday, October 11, 2010

I can do it.. and YOU can too!

Okay, so I did a weigh in today (and I'm thinking of changing my weigh in days back to Friday, but I'll explain that in a later post).. 

Today, I weighed in at:
223.2 lbs..

That is a 2.9 lb gain.. This was disappointing, but not totally surprising. (and actually made me feel kinda normal).. I found that last week was a "ho hum" kind of week.  I didn't get to go to the gym, and I didn't try to do anything at home.. I kept to my diet kinda, and then proceeded to allow myself to cheat on Friday and Sunday.. I don't know what prompted me to cheat on my diet, as I wasn't stressed or anything like the last time, but it happened, so I need to figure out why and stop it from happening again..
I went out on Sunday, got my nails did (hehe), saw (part) of a movie and went to a formal meeting with my Phi Sigma Sigma sistas.. It was fun, and I'm glad I went out.. It was a good day, all in all.. until I got McDonalds.. :(  I mention the meeting because one of my sistas, Erin, mentioned something I've been looking into recently.. ACCOUNTABILITY..

While I say that you all, my readers, hold me accountable, it's more of a "Big Brother is watching" kind of accountability.. I wish I could say to myself "Holy cow, what would my readers say to me if I do this", but I don't do it at the right time.. It's always too late.. But that's not the point.. My point is I have to find my own way of holding myself accountable.. of course, without getting too crazy about my weight loss.. and I've figured that others have some of this kind of issue too..

I've got my "racing platform" hanging on my wall by my bed.. I'm definitely going to use that as my accountability wall too.. Post pics of me over my transformation, post weigh in's (so they are in my face 24/7), etc.. What do you do to hold yourself accountable? Do you have someone else who keeps you accountable?  Do you need someone to help you with your accountability?  

I hope that you, as readers, find something to keep you on this journey that will make you a healthier, happier you.. because even though I'm not even halfway done yet, I know that it is SO worth ever sacrifice I've had to make.. :)

1 comment:

  1. Keep on trucking, Sarah! And believe it or not Erin got that bit about accountability from Danny Cahill, winner of season 8 of Biggest Loser. We went to hear him at Southeast Christian last week. So her inspiration for somehthing that inspired you was from someone who lost a ton of weight! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete