Thursday, October 21, 2010

If at first you don't succeed...

Change your tactics and try again.. and again.. and again.. 

Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?  Try something different if one way of succeeding doesn't work?  I've tried doing a "normal" proportions kind of diet, and I am not doing well at all.. I knew by going off the Adkins diet I'd see a gain on the scale, but when I weighed in on Monday, I was shocked.. I gained 8.2 lbs in A WEEK!!!!  Shows that carbs are the devil.. lol..

So I'm changing my game plan again.. I can't say game because this isn't a game, this is my life I'm trying to make better.. My plan is to join Weight Watchers.. but I'm not sure whether to join online or go to meetings.. I don't really like the meetings because of my anxiety issues.. so I'm leaning more towards the online.. 

I've got to be more proactive in reaching my goals.. With the Adkins diet, if I didn't exercise, I still lost weight.. Now, I barely exercise and that's majorly why I gained so much last week.. that and I ate McDonald's like it was going out of business.. And while I know I should stay away from fast food, I know I can't.. so I'm making myself a deal.. If I go to fast food places, I can't get anything other than the kids meals.. and I have to pick the fruit for my side if it's available.. 
Today was my last day with my daily morning client, so I'm going to take this opportunity to keep my schedule the same and go to the gym instead of work.. I can't wait to go to morning Zumba class again.. It's been MONTHS since I've been to one.. Another change is I'm going back to weighing in on Fridays.. The weekends are too much pressure to have at the end of my weighing week.. So I'm putting them at the beginning, to where if I screw up I have 5 days to do as much damage control as possible.. 

It's killing me that I am so off track at this point in this change in my life.. Honestly, if I had the energy right now, I'd bawl my eyes out.. but I don't.. so I'm off to bed, and then gonna weigh in tomorrow and start my week off right.. :)

2 comments:

  1. We have all been there Sarah! It's great that you are trying and making these changes. It is so hard to change such a big part of your life and I think you are doing great! I would start WW online and get comfortable and the go to the meetings. You would be amazed at how helpful they can be. It's great having everyone here support you but to see real live people sitting beside you with the same struggles is a good feeling. I also eat fast food and what I do now is my hubby and I go on Saturday for lunch or dinner (I WI in the morning) and then it is done for the week unless it's subway or something equally as easy on points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried the Adkins diet but have heard that when you go off it, you'll gain weight back quickly. I have heard South Beach is good?

    ReplyDelete