Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Reached a personal goal..

OMG, I was so excited this morning after my trip to the gym.. I ran a full mile today!!  Holy cow!  I was shocked when I looked down and I'd ran .6 miles, and wasn't huffing and puffing waiting for the time to be up.. so I took charge and stayed at 4.5 mph til the end of my mile.. I finished in 13:30.. Which is my starting point for getting faster..

I have a client that has a runner girlfriend and she's given me some tips.. So I'm excited to get into running like I thought I would be a long time ago.. I'm so bad at procrastinating.. Which is why I haven't blogged in a while.. Well, partly why.. Anyone ever get all into doing something, only to burn out after a while (omg, no way.. never had that happen either.. hehe).. well, I think that's what happened with me..

But I hope this time I will be back permanently.. because I need the encouragement from other blogs and from comments.. It makes me happy when I see how many followers I have.. It makes me happy to see others do so well on their own journeys.. So happy that I haven't needed to take my Paxil for 3 days now.. YAY!!  Always good to get away from a dependency on medications..

Now I just have to tell myself not to try too much too soon with the running thing.. I've got that high where I wanna go back after work and see if I can do it again.. lol

Weight Watchers is wonderful, once you get out of that mindset that you can have ANYTHING.. well, you can, but just smaller portions.. well, I have to ban myself from some things because I just can't say stop with them.. But I figure once my stomach is used to smaller portions, I will try to introduce them back into my eating world..

How was everyones weekend?  Did ya have fun?  Get out in this nice weather?

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you back! We need you too! It's great to head you didn't have to take your meds and congrats on running the mile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome! I am bad at keeping up with blogging too but always, always trying. I do so much better when I do blog. But that is amazing on running a mile (trust me, I am not a runner and no matter how much weight I lose I haven't attempted to run that far!) so congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks for finding me and following. I did the same. I am new to running myself, just starting with the C25K. I am excited and anxious. The support and encouragement from other readers and blogs has been amazing. More than I ever expected.

    ReplyDelete