Monday, April 11, 2011

At Home Challenge

So I tried on my new "goal" pants.. they are size 14 khakis from American Eagle.. I'll post pics of them later today.. but my point of talking about these?  My thighs aren't following the rest of my body so much.. so what am I gonna do?????  Well, I'm gonna read magazines, of course!

hehe, I'm sure some of you are like WTF?!  How's that gonna get your thighs SLIMMER.. well, like most of us I'm sure, I have subscribed to fitness/health magazines for YEARS.. honestly, I've prolly subscribed to Fitness and Shape magazine for longer than any other magazine (and I used to get all the teen ones, back in the day).. I save them all up for a year, after looking at them, then in January I go through them, pull out all the interesting stuff, and throw the other part away..  So this has left me with lots of exercises and stuff to try out on my own.. 

Where are all these papers?  In a box under my desk.. lol.. but I'm breaking them out and going to start doing some of these each day.. My challenge for myself is to do 3 different exercises (not sets, exercises) for my bottom half each day..  I will try to post pictures from the magazines to show you all what I'm doing, or what magazine/issue it's from in case you are like me and horde your magazines for a while.. :)

It starts today!  Well, I hope you all had a great weekend..  Here's my question to you:

Now that Spring has sprung, what are you planning to incorporate into your workout?  You going to start biking?  Running/Walking outside instead of on the treadmill?  Rollerblading?

7 comments:

  1. ROLLERBLADING!! That is the ONLY answer! haha. And swimming, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to continue to do my routine workouts inside on the elliptical/treadmill, but I'll be taking my dog to the park and long walks now. Maybe I'll even throw in some runs outside. And one of my friends want to teach me how to play tennis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing with my magazines. I have a binder and clear plastic insert pages and I tear out the workouts and put them in the binder so there all in one place and I can use them when I need to work out at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely planning on taking my walking/jogging/running outside. My parents have the perfect neighborhood to go running in, and they live close enough to where it's not out of the way to go there. I would like to go biking, too, but I would need to get a bike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem - my thighs are bigger then, for instance, my waist. It's not fair! :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to biking for the first time in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! Those pants will fit soon enough! I want to incorporate swimming. And I just bought a bike, so that has to make it in too!

    ReplyDelete