Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Buzz.. Buzz.. Buzz..

So many things buzzing in my head right now that I want to blog about.. but I don't wanna make your eyes cross from reading too much, so I'll prolly have a few entries today.. just a warning.. :)

Okay, random insert here.. Does it bug ANYONE else when someone starts consecutive sentences with the same word??  It bothers me, and I hate doing it on here, but then I realized how many words there are to start a sentence with.. Good gravy!  Where's a thesaurus when I need it.. lmao

----------------

So (see, this is really bothering me, but I'm going to ignore it.. lol), I just recently started following JP @ Prior Fat Guy.. sorry, JP, Sabrina just told me how to follow you on here.. lol.. but seriously, if you don't follow him, what the heck are you waiting for?!  He's a dude, he's pretty funny, and he's in the same boat as we are.. two thumbs up from me.. :)


Me and my momma.. I was prolly 3 or 4 here..

Me my senior year.. 2001.. I was so heavy that I had to wear men's shirts.. ugh!
But he posted a pic today of himself as a child eating fruit.. and that made me remember stuff from my childhood (and what my mom has told me over the years).. While I didn't start off small (I was a 10 lb baby), most pictures I have of me (and there are TONS!) are of me skinnier.. and when I got into Kindergarten or 1st grade, I started taking Ritalin.. yep, I have ADHD, and nope, I haven't "grown" out of it..  But what I remember of my childhood I ate pretty good food.. My mom packed our healthy lunches until I was prolly in 3rd grade (I'm not sure how accurate this is), but I have a memory in 5th grade of buying my lunch at school in VA.. and of course, you don't eat "healthy" at school.. you eat pizza, chocolate milk, chips, etc..

When I moved to Southern Indiana, I was still thin.. Honestly, thanks to JCPenneys, I never saw single digit juniors sizes.. I was in a 20 Plus in girls for a while I think.. but in 6th grade, my mom decided to take me off of Ritalin.. and my eating habits stayed the same.. the sad thing about this is that by this time, when I COULD eat, I ate junk.. the Ritalin upset my stomach (a side effect) and my mom worried about this.. with good reason, I'm sure now.. So as I got older, I gained weight.. I didn't care.. not sure why, but I just didn't.. and looking back at pictures, I wonder what the hell I was thinking.. and all I can answer is I probably wasn't thinking at all..

But now, at 27 years old, my habits have always fallen back to what's easy.. It's easy to eat stuff from a can, from a drive thru, or from a box.. Honestly, I'm back at that point now still at that point.. and I'm about to go look for some chicken recipes.. but seriously, when do we stop relying on the easy stuff to do what's worth it?!  I'm stopping NOW!  Life is never going to be easy 24/7.. I'd settle for easy sleep every day.. lol.. but I need to fight for what I want, and need, and I haven't been doing that for the past few months..

Well, I'm off to go look for recipes that are somewhat easy (yeah, that's easy I'll go with too) and not too complicated.. and to read some more blogs.. :)

7 comments:

  1. There is a cookbook that I bought a while ago called 5 Ingredients or Less. It was a good started book for getting in the habit of cooking. It's not a specifically "healthy" cookbook though, so that's a warning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't figure out how to follow him either?

    I like cooks.com for recipies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to the "easy" aka lazy way of eating.

    TRUST ME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so the "easy" way. Especially because every time I think about cooking something I think "what's the point, it's just me". But I just answered my own question. It's me!! That's why it's important!

    I'm bad for starting sentences with "So".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the same way about starting sentences with the same word!!! I'm actually really self-conscious about it because I find I start every sentence of with "So". I have to make an effort not to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have more restraint that me ...I did at least break my almost 6,000 word emotional dump into multiple post the other week lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad that I found your blog! We graduated the same year and I can totally relate to the eating the easy way. Fast food junk...but cooking dinner can be easy too. Just experiment.

    ReplyDelete