Friday, April 8, 2011

Putting Yourself Out There..

So, on a subject not totally related to weight loss but kinda is, on my 30 under 30 page is to start dating again.. and while I started off with a bang.. I've somewhat fizzled now.. But I hope to fix that.. Not sure how, but I'm gonna figure it out.. :)

Why is it so hard for (some of) us to put ourselves out there WHILE we are losing weight?!  I want to just go outside and scream to the world that I'm HOT and I know it!  But I'm afraid to.. bc what if noone "agrees" with me.. what if someone laughs at me.. and more questions along that line.. Do you have those kinds of issues??  If you DON'T, how did you get to there??

In the back of my head, there is a certain person I want a second chance with.. but of course, my timing is CRAP!  But I took a leap of faith and FB messaged him (I deleted his number out of my phone, so this is what I'm left with).. so I need your HONEST opinion.. I promise not to bitch about the comments, well not too much.. hehe.. 

"Okay, so I'm just gonna put this out there.. If ya ever get single again 
(which just sounds bad), can I get a second chance?? lol :)"

So what do you think?????  Would you answer it????  And did I totally just throw myself under the proverbial bus????  PLEASE let me know.. Especially all those guys out there!!!!  JP, Tim, Alan, HS.. help a girl out here!!

7 comments:

  1. You have guts, which is great, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was ballsy but you still have plausible deniability (sp?) because you added the lol so if he's offended you can use "I was just joking" as a fall-back position.

    In general though, the times I've gone back with some of my exs, it's either hurt or just solidiifed why I left them in the first place.

    My advice is that you need someone new and fabulous!

    But sometimes you have to kiss (or sleep with) a few frogs before you find your prince...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you put yourself out there!!! Yay for you! No matter what that is a huge step and you should be proud of yourself. I think he'll definitely respond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I am not a man, and I never dated the same person twice. But I did ask my husband...

    Get ready.... he was honest... it is mean...

    He said it sounds a little desperate. BUT he added he doesnt know what kind of relationship it was, so it might not be, and it might be a good idea.... but yeah... Wish the best of luck to ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I feel exactly like you do...Dating during this process is weird. It's just like weight loss, it's a mental thing, but I definitely am struggling getting my head in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, i'll tell you my honest opinion.

    Obviously I don't know how you two were before to understand how he would intepret the message but I must admit that when I first read it, I probably thought it could have been worded a bit different.

    Do you know if the guy is happy with his current girlfriend? If he is then maybe it's unfair to him and his new gf that you wrote that as it could make things awkward for them. You've certainly got the guts to get the message to him loud and clear though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's something you want so go for it and you are cute ;)

    ReplyDelete