Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Baby Steps..

That's my motto for right now.. every good thing that I do to put my in the right direction is just one more baby step closer to getting back to where I want to be..

Yesterday was a good day, all in all.. I went to court and the judge (who looked like Paul McCartney, I swear) honestly looked like this case was totally stupid.. but this court hearing was just the pre-pre-trial.. basically to make sure I understand what I'm being charged with (which I'm still confused as to why bouncing ONE check=check deception), and the min/max penalties for this charge.. and then we set a date for my pre-trial.. ugh! THANKFULLY my judge thought this was kinda stupid, bc he said he recommends that i represent myself (which I was leaning towards anyways) and that the judge would most likely use my bail to pay the check and fees and that'd be it.. I'll find out tomorrow at 9am.. I hope I can come here tomorrow and say I'm done with the FC/NA courts for good.. lol

All that took about 45 minutes, and my anxiety made it pretty much a sleepy day after that.. sobI let my client know I wasn't coming and took a nap.. then woke up refreshed and did some spring cleaning.. :) THEN my friend Laina text me that she was takin her puppy walking at the lake I live next to, and I usually decline (either bc of work or laziness).. well, yesterday I joined her.. and it rained on us.. but we still did 2 laps.. and now that I think about it, I have no idea how far that is.. lmao.. I'll have to use my new MapMyRun app for it next time..

Today, I have to go to work.. I am off from babysitting for the next TWO weeks! ugh.. so I can't afford to miss anymore work.. but with all the rain we've been having, I've let myself sit on the couch and "enjoy" it.. well, today I put on my workout gear and went out to try my newly downloaded MapMyRun in my neighborhood.. I ran .65 miles in almost 9 minutes.. kinda slow, but I'm happy bc I didn't stop running.. and that's great to me.. I'm hoping to do this at least everyday.. and get my mileage up there for the 5k I'm running on Memorial Day.. :)


**UPDATED** HS asked for more details of my court issues.. so here they are.. lol

This all goes back to Sept. 2007, when i got my fur baby Sammy fixed.. I've posted pics of him before I think.. I was living on my own (with my roomie, I mean) and barely working.. they have a program down here that gives yo vouchers to help with the costs of getting them fixed, so I'd only have to pay $6.. I went to go get him, with the $6 on hand, and they told me they'd done something extra, so it'd be $26 instead.. not knowing what to do, and not having the cash on hand, I wrote a check, figuring I could get the $20 into the bank before it cleared (this is an assumption, I'm not really sure what I thought).. it bounced.. well, somewhere in all this crap, I got seriously depressed and moved back to my parents place.. I moved back at the beginning of December.. no phone calls were made, but with all the changing of addresses, I aaume the notices got lost..

I honestly forgot about the check, until the beginning of Jan 2008, when I got a letter from the county prossecutor.. I couldn't get off work to go to the court date, so they issued a bench warrant.. 3 years later, i get pulled over by an ISP officer and that's why I went to jail.. I think that's all of it.. My main issue is why they didn't just send me to collections.. that's got to be cheaper than court.. ugh!

4 comments:

  1. I've bounced checks before? was it a large amount? how did it become a crime?? kinda silly... but can you give us more details?

    I had Android phone, Runkeeper app is also really good and free!

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  2. That court stuff is pretty ridiculous. But oh well...life happens I guess. Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I am playing catch up here! That's some crazy stuff going on! You'll get it figured out!! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I had to read that twice. It's unbelievable. I'm so glad that process doesn't happen over here. It just seems so petty, especially over something so minor.

    Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete