Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Stress + Lack of Time = Chocolate Binge

Ugh!  Today was a decent day.. it had it's ups and downs, but the downs got pretty bad when I went to my client's house to finish up last minute cleaning stuff (they are coming home tonight), and when I went to the basement to do some laundry, I noticed there was water all over the floor..  We've had some bad storms in the past few days, but this was enough water that I really thought a pipe had burst.. :(  I was FREAKING out!  Long story short, I had to leave with the water still pouring out of the wall.. But, I found out it wasn't a pipe, and my client knows what he's coming home too.. 

This leads me up to my title.. Being hungry before all this happened wasn't so bad.. I had planned to make some dinner as soon as I got home.. but stressing out about the water brought out the chocolate cravings.. REAL BAD.. :(  All I kept thinking when I bought it was "Chocolate with peanuts can't be THAT bad, can it?!"  Yeah, pretty sure it's that kind of thinking that's kept me from losing weight in the past.. grr!  But I succumbed to it, and I will move on..

Today I did two leg exercises today.. one from a magazine, and one bc I didn't want to do anymore kinds of squats.. lol.. I did calf raises on my stairs and this squat move called a Wide Sumo Squat.. you basically stand with your feet more than shoulder width apart (like a sumo wrestler, hence the name I figure) and squat.. on your way back up, you squeeze your butt muscles.. you do this for 3 sets of 15.. this actually was easier than the calf raises.. but that could be bc I did them BEFORE the calf raises.. lol

I'm off to read a book, and chill out for the night.. Tomorrow?!  Planning to catch up on what you all have been doing.. :)

4 comments:

  1. Cravings happen, but at least you recognized it!

    I love that you're focusing energy onto your legs-new projects are always good motivators!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had a chocolate binge :( But it happens, so don't let it bring you down. At least you know what triggered it and maybe next time you'll be more preapred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be fair, I think a lot of people probably would have panicked after what happened with the water and resorted to eating. I agree with Kelty though, the important thing is that you recognised the cravings and blogged it. Maybe next time it'll be a different outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be so stressed out if there was water all over my floor too! Great job exercising!

    ReplyDelete