Saturday, April 2, 2011

Better Late Than Never, Right?!

Alright, so I'm officially a chicken.. at least on here, bc I am a chicken in daily life all the time.. lol.. I was hoping to be able to come on here and say that my almost 2 lb gain that I saw on the scale on Friday morning was gone by the end of the weekend.. but that's not how I do this blog.. I will re-weigh myself Monday morning, as I'm hoping my TOM will be done by then, but until then I am still going to accept my almost 2 lb gain and move forward.. :(

Friday's weigh in was:

223.2 lbs
+1.8 lbs

I was hoping to have a maintain with it being my TOM, but I ate like crap Wednesday and Thursday (a whole freaking bag of mini marshmallows!!) so this is what I deserve..  My plan to rectify this?  Workout at least 4 days this week (I'm internally shooting for 6!).. and so far so good.. I didn't get to the gym yesterday (bad planning on my part), but I did go today.. :)   I didn't even have an internal monologue with myself trying to get out of it.. WOOHOO!  I actually can say I was looking forward to it, and I think I like working out on the weekends.. gym is SO not crowded..

-------------------

Speaking of my trip to the gym today, I sometimes pack my gym bag without a shirt bc I'm wearing a shirt I can workout in.. Well, I guess my bag was packed for a different day of the week (and I didn't think to check this morning) and I didn't have a shirt to workout in.. So what did I do???  Nope, I didn't go home, I ran my 30 minutes (FREAKING YEAH!) in my scrub top and workout bottoms.. Did I look weird?  Prolly.. Did I care?  Not one damn bit!  lol

But I've noticed that my lack of enthusiasm for the gym is prolly bc I am not into Zumba anymore.. I don't know why (well, I know why), but I'm just not liking it too much anymore.. Sadly, I think it's bc it's SO much harder than the Zumba class I started with at the Y.. Honestly, the teachers at LAC are killer.. and that's great, but I'm not a person to do low impact.. I give 100% as much as possible.. and I find myself having to give 10% sometimes bc I'm having a hard time keeping my body going.. but that's not the point of the story, lol.. I've been running at the same 4.5 mph pace since I started running.. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this sooner, but I GET BORED really easy.. so I got bored with running on the treadmill, I think..

Moral of the story?  Today's gym trip I decided to do something a little different.. I decided to spice up my run.. while watching the last 35 minutes of Sherlock Holmes.. :)  I'm VERY proud of myself for running 31 WHOLE minutes.. I've been trying to do that for weeks.. lol..

5 minute Warm-Up
10 minutes at 4.5 mph, 0% incline
10 minutes at 4.5 mph, 1% incline
(I walked for 1 minute at 3.8 mph, 1% incline)
9 minutes at 5.0 mph, 0% incline
2 minutes at 5.5 mph, 0% incline
(I was trying to get to 3.1 miles under 40, but my dry mouth wouldn't have it)
3 minute Cool-Down

All in all, I finished 2.98 miles (I know, right?!) in 40 minutes and burned 516 calories according to the treadmill.. :)

------------------

Giveaway Update:

Still holding on at 97 followers.. so we'll see how long it takes for me to get 3 more followers.. lol.. Until I get to that point, I'm going to keep the other 3 prizes a mystery.. hehehe  

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. You now have 98 followers. =)

    Oh, and great time on the "almost" 5K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows, maybe the scrub top 'look' will take off in gyms around the world and become the ultimate work out outfit.

    ReplyDelete