Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Day in the Life..

This post is for Renea.. and anyone else who wonders exactly what I eat to lose this weight with the Atkins diet.. This is a general idea of what I eat at each meal, plus snacks, during the Induction period..

Breakfast:
** scrambled eggs with chunks of ham
** scrambled eggs and turkey bacon
** turkey roll-ups (turkey and swiss cheese)

Snacks:
** string cheese
** spoonful of peanut butter
** baby bell cheese wheel
** sliced cucumber
** sugar-free jello
** carb-friendly strawberry yogurt

Lunch/Dinner:
** smoked sausage with cabbage
** chef salad
** "taco" salad (meat on top of sliced lettuce with salsa, sour cream and cheese)
** grilled chicken with a green veggie (green beans, asparagus, broccoli)
** grilled chicken with cheese and salsa on top
** beef/chicken fajita salad
** most fish with green veggie
** turkey roll-ups with small salad

That's all I could think of right now.. lol.. I'm sure I'll think of other stuff and I'll try to update this.. basically, I am not a big person on cooking yet.. I don't have the time I'd like to have to cook, I don't have the knowledge (which I'm working on) to cook well.. but if you are interested in doing the Atkins diet, please check out the Atkins website..  they have recipes for all sorts of foods that you can eat, and they even have them separated by "phases", so you won't eat something that will screw up the Induction period..

It's hard.. anything like this is going to be.. but your appetite will decrease, your cravings for CRAP will go away (as long as you aren't constantly around Krispy Kremes.. lol), and you will see the weight fall off during the Induction.. I usually lose between 10 to 14 lbs in the Induction phase.. This time, I lost 12 lbs.. and I'm so proud of myself for those 12 lbs gone FOREVER!!

6 comments:

  1. I've never been on the atkins diet so i'm just wondering something. I'm not really sure what happens once you've got to your goal weight. Do you just stop doing the Atkins diet and eat the normal foods you used to eat pre-diet or do you go on a special maintenence program to maintain your goal weight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate a lot of tuna fish on the Atkins diet. The only thing is I felt like I ate a lot of the same things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah..I did find the section on the Atkins website.I was just kinda wondering what it was YOU would eat and you answered my question. I still want to stick to my clean eating. It is going to be really hard for me not to be able to eat fruit. So I am going to have to think long and hard about this.I eat fruit a few times a day and i eat and orange first thing in the morning! I am buying the book today and I will go from there.Thanks for taking the the time to write that all out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12 pounds is amazing, Sarah! I'm so glad you went back on the Adkins diet. It looks like its really working for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to eat burgers w/o buns and lost of peanuts and sunflower seeds. Needless to say, not healthyoptions I was choosing.
    keep up the great job

    ReplyDelete