Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Side Effects"

So far so good.. I've been on this diet of mine for 5 days now.. and I'm pretty sure I'd kill someone for a donut, but thankfully I keep sharp objects away from me.. ;)   No, honestly, I have my sweet cravings and I kill them with sugar free popsicles.. and when I'm out of the Induction, I will use the sugar free fudgsicles (among other things).. 

So on to the title of my blog.. anyone doing Adkins out there, that reads this blog, notice the bad "side" effects?!  Like the lethargy, bad breath, or constipation (sorry, I had to say it)??  I know I've said something about the bad breath before.. but seriously, if I go to bed at 8:30pm again tonight, I may just have to look into caffeine pills.. lol.. not really, but seriously, I can't imagine why I am so tired.. ugh!

I am so proud of myself tonight.. I got off work earlier than normal (almost 1 hour and 15 minutes early), and could have talked myself out of going to the gym.. BUT I DIDN'T!! Woohoo!  I went to the gym and I even tried a new exercise class (well, new to me at LAC).. I did the TurboKick with Katie.. I've done the class before at the YMCA, and Brandi kicked my ass.. and I was surprised at how much I sweat during the class this time.. of course, I don't remember much from the first class, just that my legs hurt for days.. lol

I did about 10 minutes of elliptical after the class, and OMG!  I haven't done the elliptical in months, and I won't be forgetting it ever again!  I used to be able to do about 30 minutes on level 5.. I could barely handle 10 minutes at level 3.. guess I'll have to work back up my endurance.. :)  Which is exactly the plan..

I haven't been going to the gym regularly in the past month.. so I am re-committing myself to going to the gym for at least 30 minutes/4 x's a week..  So here's to success! 

6 comments:

  1. I did Adkins (for a very short time) several years ago, but I don't recall any side effects. Especially none that you have mentioned. =(

    Way to stick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you!!! We had a bit of a parallel day except I"m not constipated and my breath is fine and if I could get myself to bed by 8:30 I might be a nicer person!! I tried the elliptical today for the first time in years!! It was great!! Then I did Barbell Blast. Good on ya for doing the Turbokick and not talking yourself out of going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not tried the Adtkins Diets but currently on the WW program and experiencing one of the "symptons" you are...I believe that I'm not getting enough fiber in my diet..or combo of fiber and protien?

    ANYWHO...GREAT job tonight at the gym/class. I need to move in that direction..I'm going to look into a work out class at least once a week and see if my finances can handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did Atkins for about six months a few years ago. I wouldn't recommend it to be honest.
    I am proud of you that you want to make changes and lose this weight. ME TOO! tem minutes on the elliptical is awesome! That machine kicks my butt!
    I am your newest follower.
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great that you got to the gym! I don't know if you saw most post flu post but I was very backed up. I picked up some probiotic pills and took one at night and was all clear the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You would do great on body for life, my wife's lost 30 lbs in 12 weeks! we just started another 12 week session... somewhere in that book it says if you diet you will fail...

    Good luck!

    HS

    ReplyDelete