Thursday, February 10, 2011

Decision Making Time Again..

So my two week Induction period for the Adkins diet is almost over.. it ends on Saturday, technically.. now, I have a decision to make between now and then.. basically, I need to decide if I stay with the 20 grams of carbs/day for a few more weeks, or start the second phase and do the 25 grams/day for the next week..

Basically, the "new" Adkins plan states that if you have a large amount of weight to lose (which I consider myself one of those people) that it's advisable to stay on the Induction phase for longer than 2 weeks, as to promote maximum weight loss.. The other option is to go into the second phase, where you add an extra 5 grams/day each week (25, 30, 35, etc).. While I need to lose a lot of weight still, part of me doesn't think I can go another week without berries, peanut butter, or sugar free york peppermint candies.. lol.. 

So I have to debate between those options.. I had planned to do the Induction every 3 months, to keep myself from plateauing.. so if I stay on the Induction, that may have to change..  As of right now, I'm leaning towards doing the second phase for TWO weeks each, instead of just one.. because I know I lost weight with the "old" Adkins diet, where I got 60 grams/day.. so by the time I got to 60 grams, I'd (in theory) be almost to my goal weight doing it this way.. and then I'd be able to have my candies, berries, and peanut butter (among other things like low-carb bread.. hehe) in moderation.. which is what I have to get my head around..

Yes, I will never allow myself to eat a whole Large french fry again.. I will never allow myself to eat a serving of mashed potatoes again.. I will never eat another pint of ice cream again.. BUT, I will probably allow myself to get a Happy Meal every now and then.. I will allow myself a few bites of mashed potatoes when I want them.. and I will allow myself to eat one of those mini cups of ice cream when I have the urge.. :)   Not sure what it is about this diet, but it gets my attitude in check when it comes to doing this..

5 comments:

  1. I would be eating the carbs baby! But thats the fatty in me talking. haha. ;)

    Whatever you decide I am supporting you the whole way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww. thanks, Sabrina! I say ditto to that last statement, btw.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you have found what makes you happy for dieting! Consider adding the carbs if you are going to be hitting the gym again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, sending my mojo over. You gotta do what you feel works best for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would add in the carbs ASAP to help keep on track. If you restrict you might binge on carbs. Where if you allow your self to start on some carbs you will get your fix and stay on track. Which ever you choose I'm with you girl!

    ReplyDelete