Sunday, February 13, 2011

Randomness and Exciting Stuff

Okay, so this entry is gonna be a bit all over the place, just with all sorts of stuff that I've forgotten to talk about, and stuff that others have asked about.. So just be warned.. :)

-------------------

So I will start with the exciting stuff.. my mom made a point that I was letting her down that I hadn't posted about this first thing this morning.. lol.. My friend Katie @ Are You Willing decided to do a swap.. a PINK swap.. and I participated with my partner Stephanie over @ This Isn't Cute Anymore.. :)  And while I'm a dufus and lost her address to send her package on time, she sent me mine and I got it in the mail Friday!  Of course, with work and prior plans, I didn't get to open it and enjoy it until yesterday.. and I am LOVING all my pink stuff!  Wanna see?  Here ya go.. :)

This note was what I first saw when I opened it.. :)
CUTE socks!  Now I really can work out in pink style!  :)

In case you can't see it, the note says "Since you get up so early you might forget something".. how sweet!  They hang on my door!
Pink scrapbooking letters!  I love these!  I have a few of them already, so they'll work perfectly.. :)

Okay, so I kinda LOVE this the most.. a jump rope is JUST what I need to kick up some cardio at home.. :)
We all know I <3 smoothies!  Can't wait to try these out.. they look easy enough to "carb down".. :)

How Stephanie knew I needed new earbuds, I don't know.. but seriously, I can't wait to use em.. :)
Some Cynthia Rowley "post-it" notes.. yay!  Too cute!  :)
OMG, I love the stuff that Stephanie got me.. and this makes me feel even worse that I haven't been able to send hers yet.. :(   Stephanie, if you are reading this, I am SO SORRY I messed this up.. Hopefully I can get yours to you soon.. 

-------------------

I have decided to go along with the Second Phase of the Atkins Diet, but instead of moving to more carbs WEEKLY, I plan to move to more carbs BI-WEEKLY.. So for the next two weeks, I will stick to 25 carbs/day, then move up to 30, and so on.. Hopefully this will help me lose more weight continuously, instead of leveling out in the beginning like I used to see..

-------------------

Someone had left a comment about why I have stretch marks (don't wanna put anyone on the spot), and I wish I didn't have any stretch marks.. but I do.. because I, at one point in 2003, weighed 180 lbs.. and then got depressed, moved home, etc.. and gained 70 lbs over 2 years (most of it within the first year).. so I was bound to have stretch marks..  But thank you for the ideas on how to conquer the itching. :)

-------------------

In my last entry, I wrote about foods I eat on the Induction phase of the Atkins Diet (which I have been misspelling since I started writing about it.. hehe).. and I KNEW I'd forget certain foods that I love to eat.. Like tuna!  I live on tuna on this diet.. especially when I get to eat the low-carb bread.. mmmmmm.. and vienna sausages.. those things are GREAT snacks!!  And I love McDonald's Grilled Chicken Bacon Ranch salads and plain Double Cheeseburgers with no buns.. but that gets expensive, so it happens about once a week..

-------------------

Someone else had left a comment about what happens after I get to goal weight.. and what usually happens is that I usually go to Weight Watchers to maintain.. which worked for a while (until something dramatic happened, then I fell off the wagon).. I'm not sure if I plan to do that again (a better version of it, of course), but I know I will figure it out once I get closer to that point..

-------------------

Well, I'm off to do some math homework, and then back to bed.. lol

5 comments:

  1. That's a really cool box of stuff! I always miss out on all those swaps. Bummer.

    Good for you for sticking with Atkins!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stuff is all so cute!

    It's great that you have a plan to avoid a plateau! When you get close to goal you should start WW and then you could work for them when you hit goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you got some cute stuff!!
    you're doing great on adkins, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of the pink stuff! What a fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would NOT be putting me on the spot..! I think I was kinda saying that you should not get NEW stretch marks when dieting! Usually NEW stretch marks get itchy! Just smack me! K!!!!
    They usually run in families and are genetic..My tenny tiny sister that has a size 24 inch waist has more of them then I do. She has been pregnant 3 times and she goes right back to her pre pregnacy weight!!! But she had them even before she got preg. They are annoying and if not for having to wear a swim suit living in Arizona I would not care!

    I love all your cut pink gifts!

    ReplyDelete