Thursday, March 17, 2011

Determined and Dangerous..

Hello bloggy friends.. :)

Here I am, in one piece, after this interesting day..  I always wonder if I'm gonna be one of the unlucky ones that get in a car accident by the dumb asses that drink and drive.. paranoia, I know.. but we all have our random thoughts.. lol.. So I went to work, like normal.. and while the people on I-64 were sadly stuck behind a 7 car pile-up, I was smooth-sailing through traffic.. yay me!  I had hoped to get out of work around 12:30, like normal on Thursdays, but that wasn't the case today.. 

Did I mention I had a massage scheduled at 1pm today?!  I was livid.. I even asked her last night if she could make sure to come home by 12:45.. no response.. ugh!  So I literally called at 1pm to let them know that I wouldn't be able to make it, and luckily I got it rescheduled for 5:30 today!  YAY!!  So I went to work at my client, which consisted of doing some dishes and going to the park.. lol.. and he let me go at 5pm.. I barely made it (thanks to rush hour traffic), but it was WONDERFUL!!  I felt like jello afterwards, and my ankle wasn't hurting at all.. she said that it looked kinda swollen compared to my left one.. 

I almost talked myself out of going to the gym.. ALMOST, but not quite.. ;)  I went like a good girl and did the 5k.. and ran all but .5 miles of it!!!!!!!!  I'm super proud of myself.. to say the least.. so here's my "workout summary" for the Vegan Chick Pea St. Patty's Day 5k.. :)


I burned 524 calories in 41 minutes and 45 seconds.. ran 2.6 miles, walked .5.. I'm so happy with myself for getting through this.. :)

Part Irish, All Trouble.. You got that right!!

Me, after my hellish workout.. by this time, my ankle was throbbing so badly, but I felt my runner's high, so I could care less.. lol.. as soon as I got home, I grabbed a bag of french fries and plopped on the couch..  Then I realized I haven't eaten very much today.. uh oh!  Dinner was pretty good, I'd say.. I need to go grocery shopping, but I did good with what I had.. lol

Spagetti O's and 'Just For One' Broccoli and Cheese
I got a Cadburry egg from the store.. I can't resist these things.. so I got one.. and that's all I need.. :)  Well, I'm off to go take a shower and then bed.. Hope you all had a great St. Patty's Day.. :)

4 comments:

  1. Good for you and I am so glad you made it for your massage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for running! Your massage sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. running and a massage..sounds like a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had a massage before. Maybe I might put it on my to do list!

    P.S - In England we call them Spagetti hoops. They're soooooo good on toast especially with a sprinkle of cheese on top.

    ReplyDelete