Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Well, That Sucked..

As you can tell from the title, my gym trip was crappy!  I went in there, guns blazing (so to speak, of course) and put my clothes on.. went into the Cardio Theater, and started my 5 minute warm up... got through it, then started running at 4.5 mph's.. I lasted a whole 3.5 minutes before I started getting pains in my right ankle.. 

Body: Feel that?!  Your ankle is hurting.. can ya just stop right now!?
Brain: No flipping way! Only 3.5 minutes?!  Not stopping yet!
Body: I'm in some pain.. please stop before it gets annoying..
Brain: Nope!  I am not stopping til I get my 10 minutes in..
Body: Well, I guess we can last a few more minutes..
Brain: YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!  GRRRR!

Honestly, that's mostly what I was thinking.. I pushed myself to get those 10 minutes of running in.. and while I was pissed that I had to stop, I was proud of myself for getting the 10 minutes in.. But I could barely do a cool down (I got in about 2.5 minutes in) because my ankle hurt.. and when I say hurt, I mean that it was a sharp pain.. I didn't want to push too hard and possibly injure it more, but I know my own limits.. 

-------------------

Well, as of tomorrow morning, I will have registered for my first official 5k.. in MINNESOTA!  lol.. The Challenge Hearts & Minds 5k is on Memorial Day weekend in Minneapolis/St.Paul and my blogging friend Sabrina tuned me into it, and I'm definitely game.. :)

With my ankle issue, I am still planning to do the Virtual St. Patricks Day 5k that Vegan Chick Pea is hosting.. I will try to run as much of it as possible, but again, I don't wanna hurt myself more.. so we'll see.. but I plan to wear my green tomorrow (don't wanna get pinched!) and I will take a pic of my time like I'm supposed to.. :)  And of course, I will post the same pics up here later tomorrow..

4 comments:

  1. That sucks about your ankle still! Even if you walk tomorrow it will be great!

    That is awesome about the 5K - you guys are going to have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ankle is just a setback. Glad it's not keeping you down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your ankle gets better soon. Very cool about your first 5k!

    ReplyDelete