Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So Far, So Good..

Well, today is Day 1.. Day 1 of counting calories, that is.. and so far, so good..

I divided up the Goldfish crackers (which I LOVE!) into baggies of 30g, which is 140 calories.. and that is enough of them to curb my salty/crunchy craving..

My trip to Cracker Barrel was interesting.. I tried looking online for calorie values of certain things.. and came up EMPTY!  Isn't it against some law not to have calorie values available?  I figured a place as popular as Cracker Barrel would have this handy.. was I wrong or what?!  lol

So I went with the knowledge that veggies (well duh) were good and fried stuff was bad (another duh).. and I did pretty well, I think..  I got the grilled chicken tenders (without my normal ranch dunking sauce), with corn (forgot they had green beans), their new summer veggie medley (TOTALLY yummy!), and hashbrown casserole.. the last one could have been 1000 calories and I'd still have ate it.. not really, but I usually get it no matter what.. lol.. I ate 1 biscuit (and for me, that's saying a lot).. I am calling this trip out a SUCCESS!  and I was surprisingly full for a long time afterwards.. usually I still THINK I'm hungry an hour after eating there.. but not today..  :)

----------------------

Today's trip to the gym is in the air right now.. We're supposed to be getting REALLY bad weather around here in the next few hours.. if it's still bad by 6pm, I'm going straight home.. and I'm not sure if I WANT to go to the gym.. I'm afraid that I won't be able to resist running on the treadmill, which I'm going to try tomorrow.. But I want to give my ankle one more day to "rest"..

----------------------

So the calorie counting thing is still confusing to me.. For me to lose 1 pound a week, do I really get 2300 (almost put a $ in front of it.. lol) calories if I am somewhat active?!  I've only eaten 1040 calories as of now, and I can't imagine trying to eat another 1300 calories in the next 6 hours.. I can honestly say it would take some effort to eat that much..  So I'm sticking with the 2000 calories for now, and I'll re-evaluate in a few weeks.. I realize this is going to be a change, and it might not be easy.. but life isn't easy (I need to realize this daily.. lol) and I need to give my body a chance to adjust..

----------------------

Yesterday I checked the weather forecast for Saturday and I saw that it's supposed to have a high of 45 degrees up in Bloomington.. and a 60% chance of rain.. ugh!  Guess I'll get to try out that cold weather gear that I got for Christmas before next year.. :)  I don't care if it's snowing (well, ya know what I mean), I am going to do this 5k.. I want to get that first one under my belt.. 

3 comments:

  1. I worked for Cracker Barrel for almost 5 years. Little fun fact about Sabrina. They never offered a nutritional info page because of their "country cooking" ways. That will all start changing when the law is mandatory to follow, but until then we are sort of SOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad that you have crappy weather!

    Why don't you aim for between 2000 and 2300 cals per day and see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. forgot to mention that this includes a lot of the cheeses they sell in the stores.. and you have to go through everything.. but a lot of items from the restaurant are there.

    ReplyDelete