Saturday, March 12, 2011

Plans Are Being Made..

I am trying to hide from my kitchen right now, as my mom is in there making chocolate chip cookies (she didn't think I was doing the Induction until Monday).. so I'm resisting temptation.. I'd consider than a NSV.. So woohoo to me.. ;)

------------------

I am currently looking into some things to amp up my game, so to speak.. I am going to be doing Vegan Chick Pea's St. Patrick's Day Virtual 5k on March 17th.. Seeing as I'm not a drinker, and drinking what I like isn't really "carb-friendly", so I'm doing my version of St. Patrick's Day.. March is definitely a different month for me.. all the Madness going around with basketball, doesn't affect me.. I actually hate hearing about all the teams, but more power to the ones that love it.. I just never got into college sports.. not sure why.. lol

But Katie over at FTTW/Are You Willing? is putting a twist on the March Madness bracket.. And I'm all in! Basically, she's putting everyone on a bracket, and we "win" by losing the biggest percentage of weight.. and the "winner" gets bragging rights.. which is awesome!  No entry fee, so feel free to go over and drop her a comment to get in on this action.. :)

--------------------

So I didn't get out to start running outside, but I did get some exercise in.. my cousin's left their XBOX 360 at my grandmother's house, with their Kinect, and I played Kinect Sports.. holy cow!  That is SO much better than any game I've played on the Wii.. seriously, I was sweating after like 5 minutes of beach volleyball.. plus, they play back the game you play afterwards.. it's hilarious to watch yourself!  lol

Well, I'm off to finish watching my DVR'd episodes of "Being Human".. :)

2 comments:

  1. good job on working with the kinect. Avoiding cookies isn't going to help in your "lifestyle change" have some and learn self control. One doesn't have to turn into 10 depriving yourself leads to binges later. Once your off atkins and go back to normal eating you will just get back to where you started because you avoided everything and didn't take the time to learn a healthy approach.

    ReplyDelete