Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Vitamins..

I picked this picture because of all the bright colors.. lol
We all hear about how we need certain vitamins.. recently there's been a lot of talk about how certain vitamins are better if they are taken with other vitamins.. like Calcium isn't absorbed as well if it's taken without Magnesium and Zinc.. but that's not to say that it's not absorbed at all without them.. so what to do?!  Honestly, how many vitamin supplements are too much??

My client takes 100's of supplements a day.. yes, he has MS.. no, he doesn't take any of the drugs to help with his MS.. but he takes all of these throughout the day.. The question I always think of is "Do any of those things interract with eachother?"  I know the Glucosamine Chondroitin that I take says on the bottle to not take it with any other supplement.. and unfortunately, that means that I usually forget to take it..

Do you take vitamin supplements?  We are told that all of us with ongoing weight loss should take a multivitamin, but which one is "better" for us?  My mom takes fish oil and a multivitamin.. I take a multivitamin and a collagen pill (along with my daily meds)..

I heard Dr. Oz say once that there are certain times in the day where it's better to take vitamins.. but seriously, who has the time to make the extra effort of taking them seperately AND at a random time?  He said that the best time to take your calcium supplements was before bed (around 10pm).. something about your blood pressure (in a negative way).. so of course, I listened.. and freaked out a bit.. lol

But I honestly don't remember to take them, let alone the other ones.. and these are the ones that have more than one pill.. and they ain't small, neither (in my best country hick accent).. ;)

So my question to you all: What kind of supplements, if any, do you take??

5 comments:

  1. I don't take any at all. I just try and eat the right foods which contain different vitamins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always take the Hair, Skin and Nails vitamins. Sometimes I take Fish Oil. I really need to look into other vitamins and supplements now that I am not eating meat. However, I don't put that much thought into what to take and when.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take a multi-vitamin, I currently take one-day womens, but when I run out I plan on taking the one-a-day prenatal vitamin's (no I not pregnant)but I have heard that they are better than most vitamins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am supposed to be taking them a few times a day with the clinic I'm going to. I have a handful with each meal (includes a HUGE list of vitamins, and things like beet root, rose hips,Biotin, chromium, cinnamon,), Omega 3, and Calcium/Magnesium. I also take Vitamin D in a large dose (doctor ordered). I usually remember the Omega and that's about it. I have been really trying to remember the others.

    Ok.. honesty? I'm not great at taking all those pills because they make me gag. I seriously have to go through 24 oz of water each time I have to take them... so that would be about 90 oz of liquid.. just to take pills. Maybe not such a bad thing. I just wish all the supplements would come in a liquid form that I could add to a smoothie.

    Actually.. thanks for bringing this up.. because I never really looked closely to the ingredients in the supplements from the clinic and just found a few things in there that I shouldn't have on a gluten free diet. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly.....nothing. I can never remember to take anything!

    ReplyDelete