Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Summer Lovin' and Plan Makin'..

The sun has finally came out from our long bout of rain.. THANK GOD!!  And it's gotten me to thinking about my New Years "plans" to make this year awesome! 

** For years, I have wanted to visit Virginia Beach, Virginia and see my old stomping ground.. and while I am in the area (aka the state), I also want to go to Busch Gardens and to Arlington and visit both my grandfather's graves.. They are both buried there and I've never been, sadly..  This is prolly gonna end up being a 3 or 4 day "weekend"..

** My grandfather on my mom's side has a Naval Retention building named after him, and I have wanted to see it since it's opening ceremony.. since I was in school when it was opened, I wasn't able to go.. but now that I have a car that could make it to there and back (plus a few miles.. lol), I plan to go for a weekend.. Go there, maybe hit Chicago on the way back down and stay for a day..

** One of my BFF's lives in Michigan (up by the Upper Peninsula), and I haven't visited up there since I had my Cavalier (which has been like 5 years).. I've barely seen her since, unless she comes down here (which she has, thankfully).. Since I remember having such a great time the last time I went up, I plan to go up there again this summer.. I'm hoping this will end up being a 4 day trip (not including travel time), but we're still working on the details..

** Sabrina over at Sabrina is on the Move! invited me to go to Minneapolis/St. Paul 5k she is running on Memorial Day weekend with a whole group of bloggers.. and I'm hoping to accept.. as soon as I get confirmation that she's DEFINITELY going, I'm gonna start looking into how much it's gonna cost to get there..

Basically, all these plans are with me generally driving my car.. and all these plans are based on gas prices NOT getting to the $5 mark.. I'm sure it'll still end up cheaper to drive vs. fly, but still.. ugh!

Well, I'm off to the gym in a little bit.. hoping to stay the whole time this time.. Monday, I had the ankle issue.. :(

2 comments:

  1. I am going! We should chat later on FB or something. Figure out how long you want to be in Minneapolis for. And take it from there. Just over two months to work out the logistics, but we can make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VA Beach is great, my husband is from there and my mother in law still lives there. We try to go there once a year. Have fun on all of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete