Monday, January 31, 2011

The Good, The Bad... and The Smelly?

Yeah, you read that title right.. The Adkins diet makes you smell (some more than others, of course).. I could brush my teeth every hour and my breath would still stink.. I can't stop with the gas (thankfully it predominantly happens at night).. and I'm pretty sure the smell is coming out of my poors.. ick!

--------------------

As some of you know, this is my second try, during this journey, with Adkins.. the first time I lost 25 lbs before thinking WW would work.. and I did that first attempt with the knowledge I've had since doing it in 2000.. since then, it has changed.. And I'm still kinda wondering how it's gonna affect my weight loss (thinking it's gonna be for the better).. 

The "new" way of doing the Adkins diet (for me) is to start out on the Induction, do it for 2 weeks, then start adding 5 grams of carbs daily each week (ex. 25 g, 30 g, 35 g) until I stop losing weight.. that will be my daily carb intake allowance.. I plan to still do my "one hour cheat" weekly..
The "old" way of doing the Adkins diet (for me) is to start out the Induction, do it for 2 weeks, then based on your weight loss at the end of the Induction you get a set amount of carbs a day (mine usually was 60 grams)..

--------------------

Today I went to the gym.. for about 30 minutes, seeing as I missed Zumba by 15 minutes (damn it!).. so I ran 1 mile and walked .5.. I'm thinking I'm going to get an ankle brace for my right foot, as it seems to hurt anymore when I run.. :(

I was late to the gym (well, later than usual) because I went to Hobby Lobby to get a journal/sketchbook for my "inspiration book".. I plan to work on it over the coming week, and once it's done I will be sure to take some pics of it.. Most of what's going in it is the pics on my "inspiration wall" and some quotes.. I can't wait to get it done.. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of an "inspiration book" I may steal that ;)

    Sorry you are...um... stinky?? LOL!! But its worth it in the end!!! :)

    Good job on the treadmill!! Woot woot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this inspiration book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, am excited for the inspiration book. :) Be sure you're icing that ankle too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your inspiration book!

    ReplyDelete