Thursday, January 6, 2011

Struggles..

That's what I've been having.. struggles.. but I think it's partly because I lost focus of why I want this.. and at some point, I stopped wanting this bad enough thinking about how badly I want this.. it got lost in the "everday" coming and goings, I think.. but I am not giving up! Today has started out really well.. I am counting EVERY damn point, to the last decimal.. lol

One of my rules that I made was to eat an apple every day (I meant to put morning, but whatever.. lol).. And I have that down, and another one cut up for later.. I am going to go make my smoothie (for a post-workout snack) after I post this.. and I realized last night that I am not have not been PROACTIVE in my weight loss.. I've just been skimming by, allowing myself "this little bite" or "just a little of that".. So this is me, saying NO MORE!!

I watch all these shows, where overweight people lose weight.. and while I wish someone could just show me how to do this (show me what to cook, how to cook it, etc.), I know that isn't going to happen.. and my mom (God bless her) is trying to help me, but it's not her diet. It's MINE! I'm responsible for my portion sizes, I'm responsible for getting my helping before all the butter and sauces get added..

I'll be back later to go over my food intake, my workout, and anything else I can think of.. lol

5 comments:

  1. Girl, just check my blog regularly. Or I can recommended some awesome websites (other than WW) that have great healthy recipes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Portion control is my downfall too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Portion control is what I struggle with the most. Well, that and cooking. I am trying my hardest to cook at home. We will get there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life would be SO much easier if we all had nutritionists telling exactly what to cook! Some days that seems harder than the actually working out part!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I need to get refocused again too- you know the focus you have when you first start dieting. It's always good to get back to the basics. Just keep going!

    ReplyDelete