Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Randomness of the day..

Okay, so I'm sitting here at work, bored out of my mind (mostly because the weather limits the things we do).. and I go online to check out blogs.. and my eye goes straight to my girl, Katie's, blog entry earlier.. it's about how her 10 year reunion is later this year..
HOLY COW!! That reminded me that mine is coming up too.. I think it's gonna be in June (as that is the month we graduated in 2001).. this is so crazy! I never thought I'd be where I am 10 years after graduating.. Just an FYI, the next rant is not to induce pity, just me blathering.. lol..
I never thought I'd be single, living with my parents, and just having gotten a stable job (for the first time in 5+ years).. Honestly, when I was in high school, I was deluded (seriously, I was).. I didn't have any boyfriends in high school (stupid boys!), and yet I thought I'd be the first to get married, have kids and all that crap, in my circle of friends.. and would you believe that EVERY one of my friends has been, at least, married by now.. most have kiddos.. a few have been divorces once or twice.. but I actually am happy that I haven't gotten to that point in my life.. Yes, I am single.. but I would rather be single versus divorced, be kid-less versus a single mom..
As many struggles as I've had in the past 10 years, I actually can't imagine doing anything different and it turning out better.. I think everything has happened for a reason, and I will get to "that point" where I am completely happy sometime in the future.. I believe it will happen, whenever I am completely ready.. which is where this blog comes into play.. I am happy that I am sharing this journey with anyone and everyone that reads.. It makes it more real, somehow..
But as Katie said in her blog "Operation Get HOTT to wow the former hotties is in full effect!".. So I am stepping up my game.. While I may not have gotten to start my C25K program today, I plan to start it on the treadmill.. and do the Zumba tonight.. and maybe even some weights.. :)
OH! Today I had an amazing NSV! I almost forgot to post about it, how dumb am I.. I tried on a hoodie I have had for a few years.. it's a maroon sorority hoodie that I got for Christmas prolly like 3 years ago.. and I love it! The Phi Sigma Sigma greek letters are bright teal, and I love it! I tried to wear it today (as I'm seriously bloated due to my TOM) because my jeans are a little tight, and I looked down and was like WTF?! It doesn't fit right anymore! It's so baggy! While I hate to say goodbye to it (I prolly will alter it to fit), I am so excited that I've lost enough for it to be THAT baggy! I will take a pic later tonight to show ya.. I mean, my mom even said it's too baggy, and she also said she's noticed my face is getting smaller (which is always the first place I lose, for some odd reason.. lol)..
Hope you all are having a great day.. possibly a snow day? :)

5 comments:

  1. Knock them dead!!! You are doing so great so keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! Great NSV!


    BTW -- I tagged you for a stylish blogger award in my blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the NSV!! I think things have worked out exactly like they should. I believe you'll be glad they did. I'm glass half full like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog tonight. All I have to say is you go girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete