Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's the End..

of one plan, and the beginning of another.. :)

I've definitely gotten more comfortable with the idea of going on the Adkins diet tomorrow.. and now that I know what my paycheck is, I know I can afford to go grocery shopping and get most of the staples I need.. My biggest concern: eating all the salad they say to eat.. I'm all for eating broccoli, green beans, asparagus, etc.. but salad is just SO BORING!  Guess I'm going to have to find some ways to make it more interesting.. I know I'm going to start doing a "taco" salad of sorts.. basically meat, lettuce, cheese.. One thing I will miss is tomatoes.. I love them on salads, and now I can't have em anymore..

I was making my shopping list just a few minutes ago.. It basically is what is probably on everyone else's list too, just maybe not the same versions, as I usually can't eat the fat free or low fat version of stuff..

** 2 dozen eggs (1 dz to boil, 1 dz to eat for breakfast)
** turkey bacon
** ground chicken breast
** chicken breast
** lean ground beef
** salad mix (not exactly sure what type yet)
** green beans
** salmon filets
** sugar-free jello

That's as far as I've gotten.. I have quite a few staples already, so that's saving me some time.. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow, so I'm going to have her do a blood workup so I can see if any of my vitals improve throughout this process.. not sure why I didn't think of this in the beginning, but better late than never, right?!  lol.. I'm also getting my pills refilled (and hoping that my combo will bring back my energy, because this lack of energy is just not cool)..

Well, I know this is short, but I am so tired, I just can't think too much right now.. lol.. I'll see ya tomorrow morning with my weigh in.. hoping to not see too much of a gain, seeing as I basically have been eating badly all week..

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with starting atkins and your weigh in and with seeing the doctor. I hope everything goes in your favour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you had Walden Farms salad dressing? It is surprisingly really good and REALLY low cal. It will help with your salads I think. Best of luck starting Atkins!


    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put balsamic vinegar in on your salad. It has enough of a kick. I put it on straight. It is sweet and sour! Romanine lettuce or just green lettuce is the best to buy. You can a BIG one. Those bags are a rip off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck at your Weigh in! I love butter lettuce- great texture!

    ReplyDelete