Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend with Adkins

Well, I officially re-started the Adkins diet on Saturday.. and boy was it hard.. I wanted a donut so bad (which made me mad too).. but on Friday night I went to the grocery store and then came home to divide my stuff up/fix it so I wouldn't have the excuse of being lazy keep me from succeeding..  I wanted to share something weird with you all: When I am doing the Adkins diet, I bake more than ever!  Not sure why, since I can't eat it, but maybe I like the torture factor?!  lol.. I baked cornbread Saturday and then blueberry muffins (my FAVORITE!) on Sunday.. I'm crazy, I know..

But I didn't eat any of it.. I brought tuna fish, smoked sausage, boiled eggs, cheese sticks and sugar-free jellos.. goodness was I hungry by the end of the day.. and SOOOOO sick of smoked sausage by the end of Sunday.. :)

I'm very proud of myself for not giving in to having the blueberry muffins (or the numerous other things I could have eaten there).. and I was intrigued, because I really, honestly, feel lighter already.. so I went to weigh myself.. and while I was thinking I'd logically see a gain, I saw a loss.. a BIG LOSS!  I lost 6.4 lbs in 2 days!  Is that nuts or what?!  That just makes me crazy because all that JUNK I ate in the last week before starting Adkins is what made me get to 233.. and it's nice to see that crap gone.. Now I'm back to where I was 2 weeks ago.. But I can't make the scale my BFF, so I will not weigh in again until Saturday, and this weight today won't go on my ticker.. It was more of a sneak peek.. 

Hope you all had a great weekend.. Oh, and Tim, the Fighter was great!  Of course, I LOVE Mark Wahlberg, so anything with him in it is FABULOUS to me.. lol

8 comments:

  1. Great weekend, and nice loss!! **stay away from the donuts**

    I too tried Adkins, long before I was on this healthiness journey. I can not give up carbs. For me giving up one specific type of food will never work. I have to learn how to have everything in moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the will power and not giving in to all the tempting foods that were around this weekend.
    Nice weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you can avoid all the yummy food you cooked. I would have polished off all of it LOL.

    I look forward to seeing The Fighter. Obviously it will never be as good as Rocky but I love boxing so it should be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to stick to it. I can't give up my carbs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to see that movie!

    It's great that you were able to stay away from what you baked! Don't torture yourself anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY WOW!!! That is a freakin AwEsOmE LOSS!!!!! Im so jealous!! (Angry face) LOL!! You rock!! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bake alot, too, and make hubs eat it all himself as fast as possible. Not sure what is up with that either...

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! Nice work! I might have to look into this Atkins thing because I've been lagging and not tracking and really just blowing it. I need something to shake it up. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete