Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Money makes the world go round..

I hate that money is so important.. honestly, why can't we all just go back to when a dollar got you a gallon of gas, or a gallon of milk.. and Ebay didn't EXIST!! grr!

So I was all excited, I'd gotten up at 5am (and stayed awake), got stuff done, ate breakfast, and was out the door at 6am.. went to get gas, and found out that my checking account is overdrafted because I forgot that Ebay was sending an "e-check" through in 3 to 5 days for the fees I'd gotten by selling my dad's DVD's.. ugh! I guess I was hoping that it'd take the 5 days not the 3.. :(

So now I have $2 to my name (sure as hell not enough to get me 60+ miles in gas), and I have to call in to my clients.. I feel horrible.. I mean, today was my highlight.. I would have been EARLY to work! Which I normally am, but at 7am it's kinda hard.. I thought of everything before I called in of course.. called my mom (to see if she was on her way home yet), she didn't answer.. my dad has to be at work today (more than likely), but I couldn't take his truck because he JUST went to bed.. and who the hell would I call (that wouldn't kill me because I did) this early in the morning..

This is a lesson to myself.. START GETTING A GAS CARD EVERY WEEK WITH $80 ON IT!! Because $20 worth of gas isn't too much to fork over when it may cost me $65 in wages.. how dumb am I?!

Well, my mom just called.. and I can take my dad's truck to work.. so it won't be a total loss, I plan to go to my later client (I don't want to rock the boat with my first client anymore than I prolly already have)..

Okay, rant over.. looks like I will get to go to the gym today too!! YAY!!

7 comments:

  1. Ugh!! Sorry buddy!! You know what they say money is the root of all evil... and when you dont have it... its even worse!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I am so sorry your morning went so crappy! We are young and we live and we learn! Try not to be too upset, these things happen. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating! I always have an emergency credit card for moments like this. Hope your day got better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the start of your day. I think the gas card is a good idea...maybe something I might do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gas card is genius. I've been sitting here making a budget and thinking about doing cash envelopes but I hate that!! So I'm thinking a gas card and grocery card to the two grocery stores I go to is the answer. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fyi- I sent you the Stylish Blogger Award.
    See post to collect

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I hate when that happens. Life can be so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete