Monday, January 31, 2011

Inspiration Book.. Part One

For those who don't know already, I got the idea to make an Inspiration Book from Katie @ Are You Willing.. I already have an Inspiration Wall, but what happens when I get down and I am NO WHERE near my house?  Well, this is going into my purse and hopefully will help me conquer those sad/bad feelings.. :)

I'll post pics when it's finished, but I wanted to post some of the quotes I've put in it so far.. They are put throughout (about every 5 pages.. the book is 90 pages)..

** Change; we don’t like it, we fear it, but we can't stop it from coming. We either adapt to change, or we get left behind. And it hurts to grow, anybody who tells you it doesn’t is lying. But here's the truth: The more things change, the more they stay the same. And sometimes, oh, sometimes change is good. Sometimes change, is, everything.--Meredith Grey (from Grey's Anatomy)

** 'Unless you puke, faint or die, keep going!'  --Jillian Michaels

** It's my life... and I'm worth it!

** Live the kind of life that makes all of your exes jealous!


So far, that's all I have.. do you all have any good quotes that I could use??

11 comments:

  1. Love love love love love love love LOVE the Grey's quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea to do a book.

    "A year from now, you will wish you'd started today." -- Karen Lamb

    "the miracle isn't that I finished. the miracle is that I had the courage to start." -- John Bingham

    These are a couple of my faves. I know there are others I just don't remember them at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the quotes!! I am going to have to sneak over to Katie's page now and ask if I can steal this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A book, what a great idea

    I like these quotes;;

    Why would you choose failure when success is an option-jillian michaels

    People worry about what they eat between christmas and new years when they should be worrying about what they eat the rest of the year

    A woman should be two things, fabulous and classy- coco chanel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I don't have any quotes but I like everyone else's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because I have a slight addiction to Grey's Anatomy: One More good ole Merideth Grey quote:

    Meredith [voiceover] It's all anybody wants, right? Clean slate, a new beginning. Like that's gonna be any easier. Ask the guy pushing the boulder up the hill. Nothing is easy about starting over. Nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! Clever little ladies you guys are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's one of my favorites...reminds me that I can't expect change overnight, but it doesn't mean I'm not changing -

    "You know the great thing, though, is that change can be so constant you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't even notice that your life is better or worse, until it is." -Life as a House

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea!!

    I wrote a few for myself a long time ago..

    Fear is like a road blocks. You can sit and wait for the road to clear, or you can find another way around.

    When the world seems dark and you're told that there's light at the end of the tunnel, ask for a flashlight. It may not take all of the darkness away - but it will help you see what you need to.

    Breath. As long as you hear air coming out of your lungs - it's a good day.

    My life is like a baseball game. Sometimes I may strike out, I may hit a few foul balls, but I will always promise myself that I will try for the home run.

    And from my favorite children's author, Denise Brennan-Nelson:

    If bumblebee's aren't supposed to fly, think about what humans could do if they didn't let doubt and fear get in the way.

    Moral is like a bank account. If you keep making withdrawls, but never make any deposits -your moral will end up overdrawn and bankrupt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My motivating quote is always: "No one made a greater mistake than they who did nothing because they could only do a little" -Edmund Burke

    It always makes me think that any progress is good progress!

    ReplyDelete