Thursday, January 6, 2011

Quick post.. then to bed..

Okay, so I said earlier that I had a pic to share.. and I finally have it to show you! First, a little blurb about what went through my head when I saw it.. I was in GreenTree Mall in Clarksville, Indiana.. had to do a little Christmas exchangin.. lol.. on my way to Hallmark, they have a little display for a local dress shop in my home town, and as prom season has (I think) officially started, they have a really cute dress in the display.. then I actually get up to it, and the first thing I thought was WTF?! and the second, which I think is kinda important, is "if it doesn't flippin' fit the manequin, should it really be being sold to teenage girls who already feel the pressure to fit in/be skinny!?"














I mean, seriously.. this dress is super cute, but what size could it possibly be that it doesn't fit the teeny-tiny manequin?! And what kind of message is this going to give the kids that even I want to cover up (and smack) when I see them walking down the street in SNOW wearing tight short shorts??

--------------------

Okay, that's my rant for the day.. lol.. Now, I am kinda scared to see what the scale is gonna say in the morning.. While I've tried to make the adjustment to the Points+ plan, I know I didn't do as well as I could have.. but, on the bright side, I could have done worse! :) My day tomorrow is gonna be a little different, as I am going to the 10:15 am meeting (instead of the 12pm one), I am working from 12 to 4 (instead of 2 to 6) and THEN me and Blubeari are going ICE SKATING and then to eat SUSHI!! I'm so excited!! I figure the ice skating will be a decent form of exercise, and the sushi isn't too bad an option for dining out, I think.. :)

And of course, I can't find my camera right now.. so I will post another "accountability picture" tomorrow.. :(

7 comments:

  1. That is crazy! Usually they are too big and having to be pinned....that is just wrong!

    Next week will be better now that you are getting the hang of things. Have a good day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im With The Person Above That Is Crazy Been Following U For A Week Now And This One I Had To Post On I Could Not Even Fit My Big Toe In It And I Used To Be One Of The Girls That Seen That And Wanted To Be Skinny To Wear Stuff Like That And Now This Year Im Starting To Loose Weight And My Week Has Not Been Good I Gained But Next Week Will Be Better And So Will Urs And Here Soon Im Starting WW With My Mom She Used To Go And This Time We Are Going Together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will admitt it... I laughed!! That is awesome. In a very bad way. I agree.. what kind of message are the designers, store personel, and waht not saying when the dress doesnt fit the manequin!! But I laughed! I cant lie.

    I think that if you have a gain, or a maintain, it is just a bump along the way... You can do this, you have been doing great, and will continue to do great! If we werent meant to screw up here and there... we never would have put on the extra.. 5-25-50 extra pounds. So keep your chin up!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture makes me laugh too- WOW that dress must be SUPER small.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, usually the clothes are too big - I've never seen them be too small!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's just ridiculous!!! I can't believe that this is the image the designer wants to portray. What size are those manequins anyway? They gotta be a 0 - or close to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that is insane. Really insane.

    And I so need a date with sushi it's ridiculous. Next week, I'm doing it.

    ReplyDelete