Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bad Night..

Yesterday, I got a text from Redbox for a free rental.. I was excited.. Free is always good, especially when it's in regards to something I can actually use.. So I went to the store and got Just Wright.. I've seen all sorts of previews for it, and Queen Latifah can do no wrong, in my eyes, as an actress..

I chose to watch this movie over watching the Colts game (monday night games always throw me off, for some reason), and sometime after getting the movie, I fell into a funk.. Dunno why it happened, dunno when it happened.. but about halfway during the movie, I got so pissed off.. honestly, I was about to start crying because the NBA player, aka Common, actually fell in love with the chubby chic, aka Queen Latifah.. That NEVER happens in real life.. Honestly, the hot guy who just also happens to be a gentleman and treat a woman right never falls for the chubby chic.. Not in real life, at least.. and that's the point, or at least the one I kept thinking about last night..

The funny part was, in the movie the hot guy ended up going back to the skinny bitch (sorry, but she really was a bitch).. which is what ALWAYS happens in the movies.. the skinny chic (bitch or not) always gets the guy.. Ugh!!  It just makes me realize how much I hate being single.. I am a good person (yeah, I have my shit, but I know people who are WAY more fucked up than me that are married.. lol) and yet here I am, almost 27 and I haven't been out on a real date in almost 3 years..

Oh, did I mention in this slump, I ate as much as I could fit into my stomach?!  Not much, since I have been eating less, but still.. Reese's cups aren't a good idea for a dieter.. lol

All this is going to change with my year-long challenge.. this year is going to be different, no matter what I have to do.. Okay, that's the end of my rant.. lol..

5 comments:

  1. I have to believe that the waiting and frustration is all for a reason- I believe the guy will come along for you that makes you glad you didn't find anyone else before him. But I sooooo feel you. I couldn't even watch chick flicks or love stories when I was single. They made me angry and depressed and bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I totally feel you! I am not an emotional person, but that always makes me emotional. And I too have been single for several years, partly by my own choice. But I am waiting for that perfect guy to come sweep me off my feet. I was just watching a show where are girl is planning her wedding and was at a bridal expo... *sigh*... when will that happen for me, us? I feel like we have the same train of thought right now! Hang in there. Love is bound to find us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Booo. Judging by my "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" post, I can tell you honestly that I fully understand. And my age is getting away from me now too. Sigh. But on the plus side, it was just that, it was a bad night. You go to bed, you sleep well, you wake up and as of tomorrow morning, it's not bad night anymore. eHug!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you. And, ditto on the damn Reese's cups. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It weird that we kinda had a bad day/night together! I know exactly how you feel, but please know that the good guy will fall in love and stay with the fat chick, trust me, it happened for me. I have a great hubby who I have always weighed more than and now we are married almost 4 years and have the most amazing baby! It happens and he dated skinny bitches before me. We need to be positive!

    ReplyDelete