Thursday, November 11, 2010

Today is a day of Remembrance..

I am getting teary-eyed just thinking about what I'm going to write on this entry.. I am so proud to call myself a Navy brat, and the sister of an Army man..  While I wish I could say that I, myself, was in the Navy (gotta love how plans go to hell sometimes), but that's another entry in itself.. lol




This is my brother and my sister-in-law, Robbi, walking away from the airport.. This was his final tour of duty in The War.. He went through 2 tours, one each of Afghanistan and Iraq.. And we are TREMENDOUSLY grateful for his safe return.. and all he has done (including getting married to Robbi) since coming back.. I love you little brother!!  :)





And this is my dad.. circa 2003.. He's been all over the world, been stationed in many different states, including the two me and my brother were born in.. lol

He helped fight in the latest war in Quatar (not sure where it is either).. and I'm grateful that the Navy isn't land-based.. I don't know what I'd do without him, even if we don't always agree all the time.. lol.. SO proud of his "promotion" to Grand Master Chief before retiring from the Navy..

Love you, daddy!  :)




And thank you to all of the Veteran's that are around the world.. Including all of my friends and extended family.. You know who you are!!  :)   So to all of you that are fighting, or have fought, for our freedom..

THANK YOU!!

1 comment: