Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Inspiriation..

Inspiration comes in many shapes and forms.. for everyone, it's different things.. a pair of pants, someone they see in an ad, someone they want to date/marry.. something is always in the background pushing us to do better for ourselves..

And it's that inspiration that we need to keep in our heads during this food-related holiday weekend.. I'm making sure that my size 12 pair of Jessica Simpson jeans are hanging on my closet door.. those jeans are just one thing that inspires me to do good on this journey.. my lack of bigger jeans is another one.. lol.. 

So what are your plans to make it through this holiday weekend?

My plans for getting through this weekend with a loss is to eat before I go to Thanksgiving.. not a whole meal, just a little something (like a Fiber Plus bar and an apple).. and to only get a smaller plate and fill it more with protein and veggies than carbs..  And then ya got the early morning/late night shopping of Black Friday.. my goal there is to keep myself warm with tea, not hot chocolate, and bring with me my own munchies (not sure yet what, but I'm sure it'll be fruit and easy-to-store stuff) too..

Well, I'm finishing up on my Alex O'Loughlin fest, aka Hawaii Five-O marathon.. and then I'm off to the gym.. :)

3 comments:

  1. We don't celebrate it in the UK so I am looking forward to reading how everybody does over Thanksgiving so I can get tips for Christmas!

    I have read on other blogs that a lot of people are pre-making their healthy meals which will last the entire Thanksgiving holiday so they won't get tempted by the yummy foods everyone else will be having.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so using a small plate! Eating complex carbs and fiber! turkey but only white meat!! LOTS o' veggies!!

    AND congrats on the loss!!!! wooooo hoooooo you are doing so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to having the only item I love and just a cup of it....my mom's dressing. I will also eat lots of veggies and be sure to get some workouts in the entire weekend, between the shopping and Zumba, I think I will be just fine. Great job on your loss this week!

    ReplyDelete