Sunday, November 7, 2010

Birthday Weekend.. Overview and Wrap-up (Part Two)

Didn't want to totally bore people with my whole weekend in one post (because even I was kinda tired of writing about it.. lol), so I'm breaking it into two entries..  This one covers Saturday and today (Sunday)..

Saturday morning started off REALLY early (after getting in bed at 3:30am) to go shopping in Indianapolis, Greenwood and Edinburgh with my best friend, Amanda, her mom (and my second mom) Donna, and our good friend Jenni.. I woke up at 7:30 am, got on the road by 8:30, and we were on our way to shop til we dropped.. I had $160 with me to go shopping (which still didn't last very long, thanks to Victoria's Secret.. lol).. and boy, did I make out with tons of stuff..

Plus, snacks at Cinnabon (couldn't believe I've never had one of their cinnamon rolls).. And lunch at Applebee's.. including a mudslide (which was made wonderfully, aka you couldn't taste the alcohol).. that seems to take some skill.. :)


Saturday night was boring (thank goodness!).. showed my mom my loot, did some scrapbooking, and did a little cleaning.. Only bad thing was that I was getting sick.. I can't stop coughing, and it's gotten worse since Thursday.. I went to bed loaded with Mucinex, Vicks going through my mini humidifier, and one of those Breathe Right strips on my nose.. I looked gorgeous!  lol

My alarm for my race today (that I honestly was looking SO forward to doing on my actual birthday) came WAY too early, but I got up and then proceeded to go back to bed after realizing that I couldn't even go down the stairs without coughing so hard I actually peed a little (yeah, I was amazed when it happened).. I was so pissed that, of course, on the one race day that I had actually wanted to race, paid in advance for, and bought a running outfit for, I wouldn't be able to do.. 

Yeah, I can imagine once I get into running races that I will be able to figure out how I can do it with a cold, but I didn't want to run/walk my first race and either have to not finish or have to use my emergency inhaler because I pushed myself too hard.. So I signed up for another one to make up for it, on December 4th, in my hometown.. :)  Plus, I get to run with Santa!!  YAY!!  lol

Today brought my family over.. for some of my momma's AWESOME cooking.. Our tradition for me and my brother's birthday is that we get to pick what we want her to make us (or order).. This year I chose baked chicken, mashed potatoes, homemade mac'n'cheese, broccoli casserole, rolls, and instead of cake I wanted mini-cheesecakes..


Aren't they just so cute?!  And SO much healthier than cake.. because right now I can only eat one of these at a time.. ya know what I mean?  I can't eat more than one without feeling so gross.. lol.. and the sugar icing on cake makes me SO sick anymore..  But after eating food, I got to open my gifts, and was so excited to see that my brother had been able to get what I absolutely wanted in such a short time.. Wondering what it could be?  Well, wonder no longer.. :)



I asked him for this on Monday (like not even a week ago).. and he was able to get it in the color and size I wanted.. YAY!!  I can't wait to wear it when I start running outside in a few weeks (or sooner, ya never know).. :)   

Well, that's the end of my birthday weekend.. complete with TONS of birthday wishes on my FB wall.. I hope you all had a great weekend too!  :)

Before I totally sign-off and go blog hoppin, I have a question for you runners (new or not).. What brand/kind of shoes do you run in?  Are there certain ones you wouldn't recommend? 

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK! Sucks about your race but you've got a good attitude, there are plenty of races in your future :)

    My favorite runners have been my Nike Lunar Glides. I was just running a run of the mill pair of runners before. It wasn't until I got fitted and put in a category of running shoes that I really noticed how much it matters. I think every brand has it's place and you will find someone who loves them. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is running in something that is not a "running" shoe.

    Go Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! That sucks about your race but you don't want to get worse! Heal up and you'll be back running in no time!

    ReplyDelete