Sunday, November 7, 2010

Birthday Weekend.. Overview and Wrap-up (Part 1)

Well well well.. I have no idea what to do first, catch up on 5 days worth of blog entries (and I will read every one of them) or write my own entry to gab about my past 5 days activities.. guess I obviously decided, huh.. lol

Well, most of y'all know that I turned 27 today (technically at 10:57am.. lol).. and I took the whole weekend off work to make sure I brought it in with a bang!  Well, now that the weekend is almost over, I gotta fill y'all in.. I just gotta.. ;)

I'll start with the beginning of my 5 day (unintentional) hiatus.. Wednesday

So, in order to not have a totally crappy paycheck next Friday, I switched days with someone so I would work Wednesday at my over-nighter.. and boy did she make it the worst 24 hours ever (well, I guess not ever since they usually all are with her, sadly enough).. woman accused me of eating a whole bag of spearmint candies (WTF?!), told me not to screw up her cupboards (as they'd just been rearranged, partially by me, recently), and that I text too fast (she usually doesn't care) and the "clicking" is getting on her nerves.. OMG, I'm glad I am not a violent person..

On a brighter note, my mom text me that my dress for Friday night had came into the mail!  YAY!!  I was really worried (with my luck) that it would get here on Saturday or something.. lol.. so she sent me a text to see if it looked like I thought it would, and it looked so much better!  Here's the pic she sent me.. :)


So Thursday, I was so excited to get home, for more than one reason, and wanted to try my dress on.. This dress is labeled as a 1X (which is supposed to be a 16/18, which is my current size in most labels).. and it even has a stretch back.. and it didn't fit.. thank goodness it came with a swatch of fabric (not sure why, but hey, i'm sure not complaining.. lol), because I used it to make the dress a little bigger.. and it worked!!  I had to work at 1:30, so I went and was glad that he's one of my great clients.. he's so sweet, his girlfriend is AWESOME (more about her in tomorrow's post) and has the cutest puppy that is spoiled rotten.. lol

After that, I did some stuff and finished working on the dress.. Had to work Friday with my guy client and got off at 2pm, then went to Hobby Lobby and Micheal's.. didn't leave the Clarksville/Jeffersonville area until 3:30.. WTF?!  Where did the time go??  lol.. so I went home as fast as I (legally) could, and got ready for my Friday night dinner/dancing with my girl Cassie.. and boy did the night just kinda go to pot..  I have never eaten at The Cheesecake Factory, but I knew that it wouldn't be easy on my diet, so I made sure to take it easy the whole day up to dinner, so I wouldn't have to "miss out" on anything..

Would you believe, after driving all the way up to Greenwood (1 hour away from my friends house), there was a 40 minute wait and we couldn't wait that long?!  We chose to get the cheesecake to go, and then went to eat somewhere else.. Can you figure out where?  lol


Yep, we went to McDonald's in all our prom-worthy glory.. :)   and I enjoyed my McRib and medium fries.. and the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake, of course.. So we made it to her sis's house and mine in good time, and finally (after a little "stalling") got to 4th Street Live in Louisville, KY around 10:15pm.. And some of my sorority girls, including Katie from Finding the Thin Within, came and helped me celebrate.. :)

While we did have some bumps in the night.. like how we had to leave.. it was quite enjoyable.. and anyone wanting to see more pics can go to my FB photo album and have a look-see.. :) 

Decided to make this a two-post entry, as I didn't expect it to get so long.. Hope your eyes aren't burning from reading all this.. :(

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!

    It sounds like you had a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great birthday! I'm one of your newer followers so I had no idea you were from the Louisville area until you mentioned 4th Street lol. All of my dad's family lives throughout Louisville and Jeffersonville :)

    ReplyDelete