Monday, November 15, 2010

Keepin Up with the "Joneses"

We all have them, don't we?  Those people in our life that inspire us to be better, then something in our brains makes us try to keep up with them?  I've recently realized (recently as in last night..lol) that I have been trying to keep up with Katie @ Finding the Thin Within... not weight wise, as we all can see I'm having issues with that right now, but blog wise.. and I find this to be stupid!  It's like I'm putting myself back into the competitive aspect of high school..

And while I appreciate her inspiration that got my butt started blogging, I've got to throw up the proverbial white flag, for my own sanity.. because I will never be as great as Katie is.. or as busy.. ;)   I am definitely not a "plate full" kind of girl.. I'm more of a "halfway full" kinda girl who thinks I can always get more later.. is that analogy dumb, or what?!  But it's the only thing I can think of.. lol

Btw, it's my TOM (yay me, as if I didn't have enough gaining issues to deal with) and I did not go to Zumba this morning.. forgot I have a chiropractic appointment and don't wanna go to it, and then work, all gross.. Here's my goals for today (in case anyone else cares):

* Go to the gym after work
* Do my Just Dance video game
* Track points
* Put food log on here

4 comments:

  1. Keep on keeping on turbo...at your own pace, and at your own time. I am the most competitive dork ever so I can empathize with you on all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your own pace is perfect for you. I think you'll be glad you stayed true to your own time rather than burn out trying to compete. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I'm flattered that you think that highly of me, but you are amazing in your own right. You shouldn't try to be like anyone else. I say this because sometimes I need to hear the same message. I am competitive as well, but I am trying to remember that I am on my own journey and when you start comparing it only goes downhill. There will always be someone loosing faster, bloggin more, looking better, etc. I hope you'll come to realize your own beauty, as a blogger and as a person.

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete