Sunday, November 21, 2010

Daily Food Log.. and Wrap Up.. (edited)

Alrighty, I just got done with my FIRST outdoor run.. and it sucked!!  It turned into a walk/run.. I realize it's a good thing to just get out there, but my asthma (which isn't around when I run indoors) makes it hard to run for very long (not even 1/4 mile at a time) and of course I don't have proper shoes right now (unfortunately I have an issue with buying MYSELF things).. so those were my obstacles, and I finished a mile in 22 minutes.. not cool, but I can live with it.. and work up from it.. :)

my beautiful flushed self after my walk/run tonight..
A body issue I have been freaking out over focusing on getting rid of is the pudge between my bra strap and my armpit.. anyone else have this pudge or is it just me? lol.. don't know what I'm talking about??  let me show ya what I mean..


Now don't get me wrong, this used to be a bigger amount of pudge.. so I'm happy it's going away.. I just don't know what will make it go away for good.. is the Wii really working my arms out that well?  Better than weights alone?  Guess I'll find out..  lol

Now onto my daily food log.. as many of you know, today was kind of a mini-challenge for me.. my goal was to not go in for seconds, thirds, or fourths.. and I did.. but just for chicken, so I consider that a challenge success..  :)

9 oz of chicken breasts 
(with a little bbq sauce ontop that I couldn't get off with a fork)
spoonful of homemade mac 'n cheese
spoonful of baked beans
2 small rolls
2 deviled eggs
diet coke
4 oz Simply Apple juice (mixed with 4 oz water)
1 serving of Chunky Sirloin Burger soup
1 cup Minute rice
    key lime pie Yoplait yogurt   
31 points

WTF?!  How did all that food end up being just the same as a meal at McDonalds??  I didn't know that chicken had so many points, honestly.. If I'd known that before (hindsight's a bitch, so they say) I wouldn't have eaten so much of it.. I figured if I were going for seconds, that would be the best option.. guess I know better for next time.  :(

But for dinner, I know I could have done worse, so I'm generally okay with my eating today.. gonna go grocery shopping tomorrow for some ingredients to accomplish one of my weekly mini-goals.. I'm hoping to cook it on Tuesday, as I'm off work..  :)

**EDITED @ 7:57pm**
Just got done doing about 15 minutes of my Just Dance 2.. not sure which game I like more, the 1st or 2nd.. Kinda wishing they could just combine them.. lol

DVRing the 60 Minutes with Mark Wahlberg (hottie!!), and now I'm waiting for the AMA's to start so I can see my favorite boy band in the world, New Kids On The Block!!  YAY!!

5 comments:

  1. Running outside is rough!! But I do think it makes you a stronger runner. :-) And I also know and hate that particular pudge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have that pudge! 30 Day Shred help me make is go away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And two more things...first, freaking kudos to you and your fabulous self for running! I need to get my butt out there and do more of that lol. And secondly a little advice from one foodie to another (take it or leave it, feel free to tell me to shut up and go away lol)....if you try to fit in more foods with higher fiber and protein content (shoot for the green diamond foods), it will help you stay fuller/more satisfied longer. Before I made that change I stayed hungry and therefore kept going way over my points. A lot of other "filler foods" (all though oh so good) don't really stick with you, plus they are loaded with sugar and sodium (makes you retain water which means nasty numbers on the scale lol) and they add up in points. Just trying to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome doll! It is a learning experience for us all...if we always knew what to do all of the time and DID IT then we wouldn't be blogging about losing weight lol. My number one biggest tip is eat a good breakfast. You can find some of my WW staples here. For breakfast try some oatmeal. I used to not care for it but the Quaker High Fiber Instant stuff is really good, and it will stick with you. I usually have that and a banana for breakfast (around 7:15) and then I have a thing of yoplait light around 9:30. For lunch and dinner try sticking to lean proteins like chicken, fish, or turkey. WW 1 point cheese sticks and some grapes is usually an afternoon snack choice for me. Beans (i heart black beans), high fiber cereal/granola (try mixing some low point granola in your yogurt), egg beaters, tilapia, sweet potatoes, fruit, and of course veggies are always good choices. Perhaps you can find a good protein shake if you are on the go a lot. Just get creative girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job not over doing it at your brothers birthday dinner. I always try and look at the points before I go so I am prepared (if I know what the menu is). I think we all have that pudge ;)

    ReplyDelete