Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Coddling Approved Blogger.. **UPDATED**

hehe.. okay, so let me just say THANK YOU for not bitching at me about my last post.. I'm bitching myself out, because that post is an excuse.. I have the choice to not eat what she fixes, and I chose not to rock the boat.. and I will definitely be talking to my mom..
She's not exactly an enabler but she doesn't believe in lying to me.. which I WISH she'd do sometimes.. I mean, yeah, I may not get skinny, but damn!  I am gonna do whatever I need to do to get down to a healthy weight.. I just don't get it.. I think she's mad at herself partly..  She had the new gastric bypass, called the sleeve, done recently.. well, like 6 months ago.. but she hasn't really changed her eating habits (besides the size of things she eats).. and I just want to smack her.. She cooks for my dad, my dad who has high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and a thyroid issue.. like he couldn't use the weight loss.. ugh!  I wish I could just save them from themselves.. but it seems fruitless..
Oh, Tim had asked me about prices of gym memberships.. Tim, most that I've run into don't go over $35 a month for a single person.. My Y membership is only $15 (because I was poor and have the Financial Aid package).. my membership at LAC will be $30.. I can deal with the increase because this means I can drop my tannning bed membership which costs $39 (before the damn tanning tax).. yeah!  I definitely am happy about that.. lol

** UPDATE **
This has nothing to do with this entry, but I found this article, and it hit home on certain things I've been wondering about, plus what some other bloggers have been wondering about..

Check it out!

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/weight-loss/9-reasons-your-body-thinks-its-hungry

2 comments:

  1. stop by my blog... you have an award!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely understand on the parent thing. I've had a little rant of my own on my blog recently. :-) But honestly the thing about your mom cooking unhealthily for your dad when he has health issues. That seems to be a common issue with that generation. My mom does the same thing with my Dad- he needs to eat much healthier than he does, but she caters to what he wants. And Tyler's dad is diabetic and his house is full of candy bars and ice cream. I don't understand it. But I definitely want to change it for myself and hopefully this generation can learn from the previous one's mistakes!

    And you know I'm all about the coddling. I need to get a button or something. lol.

    ReplyDelete