Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hmm.. What to Title this one.. Randomness, I guess..

That's a good way to title this entry, as I have a lot of different things to tell y'all about.. :)   I can't believe it's already Tuesday.. I found out I get paid on Thursday again this week (thank you banks!  hehe).. and I think my schedule is going to change AGAIN.. but I'll blog more about that when it actually happens..

--------------------

Okay, today while I was running errands, I went to the Weight Watchers meeting place in New Albany.. I wanted to figure out how much money I'd have to fork over for the damn books that cost a fortune the last time I looked for them.. and boy was I SHOCKED!  I can get the Deluxe book set (comes with the Dining Out book, the "normal" food book, and the points calculator) for $14 (I think that's right).. That's AWESOME!  I figured I'd have to spend like $30.. It helps that the books are on sale until Friday.. :)   I'm hoping to keep my schedule to where I can go to the meeting on Friday.. They have 2 of them: one at 10:15 am and another at 12 noon..  This Friday I plan to go to the 10:15 am one..

--------------------

Today was the first day of my smoothie "challenge".. It's kind of a weird challenge, but I know I will eat more protein if I drink a shake each day.. so I'm trying to figure out what kinds I like and will drink.. lol.. today was definitely a learning experience..

** I learned that I need like 10 minutes to make one (properly).. 
** Do NOT use unrippened bananas (I like to eat the greenish ones.. 
but they don't work too well in smoothies, I guess).. 
** Plain Greek yogurt is DISGUSTING!!
** Do things "backwards" in comparison to normal blenders.. 

No pics yet, thanks to my phone being totally DUMB!  But as soon as I can get them somewhere OFF my phone, I'll post them.. lol

But I have learned from this first try, and I went out and bought Strawberry and Vanilla flavored Greek Yogurt.. and I found some yellow bananas.. so tomorrow should be better.. Oh!  One thing to know about this great blender?  It's FREAKIN' LOUD!  I was waiting for one of my parents to come out of their room yelling.. lol.. they didn't do that but still, I was wondering.. 

-------------------------

I know recently I haven't been very food-centric on my blog.. but I do plan to change that.. Friday is basically when all my changes start (as I have no plans for New Years Eve).. My new exercise of the week is my Wii Zumba game.. yeah, I already do Zumba.. but this isn't a class, this is a game!  And I'm so up for those kind of games.. :)

I've got to figure out a good schedule for ME.. I come home, thinking I will workout after I get home.. and then remember my mom doesn't work that night, so she's gonna be in the living room all night.. so there goes my workout space.. :(   So I'm taking charge and going to start waking up at 6am on weekdays.. I figure from 6 to 8:30 am, I should be able to work out, take a shower, fix my breakfast, blog, check FB and all the other websites I frequent, and be good to go to work on time.. Don'tcha think?!

---------------------

Okay, so I tried on my bridesmaid dress that I was wearing in my "before" picture.. and I was shocked!  I mean, in my before pic I was wearing a girdle and it was still super tight.. like I literally could barely breath without having my rolls show.. but now, I have so much room!  Like seriously it looks sloppy now, it's that loose.. WOOHOO!  Wanna see????  

BEFORE PIC~ taken on 08/27/10
NOW (no face pic because I don't have makeup on.. lol)

I mean, seriously.. that's a lot of fabric to have not touching skin..
------------------

Oh, yesterday I went to Old Navy.. my grandma had given me a gift card for there, and they had their jeans on sale for $15!  I couldn't resist buying two pairs.. one size 16 and a size 14 skinny jean.. WOOHOO!  I'm gonna try on the 14's to see if they fit AT ALL right now.. lol.. we'll see how that works.. :)

9 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! CONGRATS!!
    That's awesome!! What a great feeling!
    Go you with the size 14 jean. Even if you are not quit there yet atleast it is in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG prog pictures looks AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot Woot!! GO girl!!

    And I bought jeans at Old Navy too! ;)
    You also forgot to tell us what you got a Whole Foods! I am trying to live through you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a lot. lol I am so proud of you, ur dress is loose!!! Woo Hooo I have been considering WW but I don't know yet, my work schedule is dumb. I thought about getting one of those single blenders, IDK there is just so much to consider. I haven't tried the greek yogurt I'm a little scared of it. lol Well kid, once again I am pretty proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! There is lots of room in that dress!!!

    So jealous of the Wii Zumba. I put it on my Christmas list and did a little search around the city online and one store in the mall had one copy about two weeks before Christmas and it crossed my mind to buy it and not open it just in case they found it and I DIDN'T!!! Dang. I'm going to be on the lookout.

    Excited for the New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome change in the dress and hurray for sales and gift cards!

    I like my smoothies with ripe banana and frozen raspberries and/or frozen blueberries. I use organic vanilla yogurt (1/4 cup) and some orange juice and some unsweetened almond milk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is sooooooooooo awesome!!!! That dress looks like 5 sizes too dang big!!! Go Sarah!! Go Sarah!! ;)

    I cant wait to make smoothies either!! Yay, now I am totally excited!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! Do tell how the Zumba game (?) goes! :)
    And love the progress with the bridesmaid dress pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the progress pics are awesome! way to go!!

    ReplyDelete